NY Rangers Thread (2024-2025)

TBJ

It's that time again, LETS GO RANGERS!

Total domination last night against the pens, 6-0 win.

All 4 lines scored 5 on 5 goals. (Kreider ×2 added a shorty, Laf, Filda, Tro, and Carrick with his 1st as a Ranger)

The 3rd line of Chytil, Kakko and Cuylle got a ton of chances and looked really good all night and on both goals. (I hate the offside challenge, it's total bullsh*t)

Rempe was a healthy scratch.

Trouba had a great game and picked up 2 assists.

Shesty did Shesty things as per usual.

Biggest margin of victory on opening night in franchise history, and 1st opening night shutout since Gump Worsely in 1956.

Up next the Utah hockey club.

Oh and WE WANT THE CUP!

11 minutes ago, TBJ said:

It's that time again, LETS GO RANGERS!

Total domination last night against the pens, 6-0 win.

All 4 lines scored 5 on 5 goals. (Kreider ×2 added a shorty, Laf, Filda, Tro, and Carrick with his 1st as a Ranger)

The 3rd line of Chytil, Kakko and Cuylle got a ton of chances and looked really good all night and on both goals. (I hate the offside challenge, it's total bullsh*t)

Rempe was a healthy scratch.

Trouba had a great game and picked up 2 assists.

Shesty did Shesty things as per usual.

Biggest margin of victory on opening night in franchise history, and 1st opening night shutout since Gump Worsely in 1956.

Up next the Utah hockey club.

Oh and WE WANT THE CUP!

Wash .. rinse....repeat

Random thoughts

We will need the ability to play "heavy" come playoff time.  I like the progression of Edstrom this offseason.  I am hopeful for Rempe but not as confident.

Taking of progression we need Laffy to become the Bonafide superstar that we all hoped would be his ceiling when he was drafted.  Players like Cuylle and Zac Jones need to continue to progress and Schneider doesn't need progression at all.  I think he is already there. 

Despite a good first game Trouba is still a liability night in an night out and longer term we have not addressed the disappearance of our high paid superstars come playoff time.  Mika, Panarin and Kreider are foremost in mind even though Kreider was less bad in the playoffs last year.

Igor  is not going to get any cheaper we need to pay him before his price goes even higher.

We are so much better when Chytil is healthy except that he never stays healthy

Welcome to 24/25 Rangers fans and even the occasional Devils and Islanders fan !!

• Upvote 1