jets sign dontrelle moore r.b.

jets rooter

As anyone can tell by my Gocong post or my comments regarding the Eric Smith selection, as if anyone needed a reminder, I'm no homer when it comes to the draft ... I take the draft dead serious and I call it like I see it, right or wrong, and I've been plenty of both ... but I do call it like I see it

Having said that, if I had made a list of the TOP 10 UDFA's following the draft, there is no doubt I would have placed Dontrell Moore on that short list ... and FOR US he was TOP 5 on my list, maybe TOP 2 or 3

I actually did post a list of about 50 UDFA's immediately following the draft ... tried to list the best UDFA's at each and every position, or at least the ones who immediately came to mind after scanning the draft board, and Moore was one of the few RB's I listed

But if I had broken that list down to a TOP 10 Overall, regardless of position, thus eliminating the overwhelming majority of Quality UDFA's {in my view}, Dontrell Moore definitely would have made the cut ... and yes, he's one of the few UDFA's I was hoping the Jets would ink ... DE/OLB Mike Kudla, RB Dontrell Moore, and WR Miles Austin were three who come to mind without re-scanning the list, but Moore was definitely one of the few I really hoped we could ink

For whatever its worth

PS. This kid Gained 1,000+ Yards Rushing every year, including his freshman year ... had to bounce back from knee surgery as a Junior, hurt that knee in his last game that season, but bounced back with another 1,000+ as a senior, so that knee seems to be fine

RB Derek Ross, Tarleton State

Anyone know which team signed this UDFA?

That's another small school sleeper who has a shot ... BIG BACK who's been very productive

I was going to mention his name on draft day as someone the Jets should look into - the kid has potential. I thought he'd land somewhere late on the second day.

Archived