Islanders vs Rangers @ Yankee Stadium?

JetsMan57

It's a great idea, both games got huge publicity which is exactly what the NHL needs right now. I think the NHL Heritage Classic the temperatures were around 10 degrees for gametime (they played at night). Could be wrong, but itw as cold as hell. Michigan vs. Michigan State always draws a crowd and I'm sure this Rangers vs. Isles game will too.

It's a great idea, both games got huge publicity which is exactly what the NHL needs right now. I think the NHL Heritage Classic the temperatures were around 10 degrees for gametime (they played at night). Could be wrong, but itw as cold as hell. Michigan vs. Michigan State always draws a crowd and I'm sure this Rangers vs. Isles game will too.

agree,, only way this backfires is if its alow turnout or a heatwave

Buncha people from here went to the Oilers/Habs outdoor game in Edm.

How did they like it?

Great atmosphere, lotsa fun.

Crappy view (bring binocs)

Damn cold.

They positioned the ice rink dead center in the football field, which is CFL size with a track around it.

The link above didn't work but my guess is they'd put a rink in Yankee Stadium close to home plate, so the view should be better.

Buncha people from here went to the Oilers/Habs outdoor game in Edm.

How did they like it?

Great atmosphere, lotsa fun.

Crappy view (bring binocs)

Damn cold.

They positioned the ice rink dead center in the football field, which is CFL size with a track around it.

The link above didn't work but my guess is they'd put a rink in Yankee Stadium close to home plate, so the view should be better.

ya i agree,,

i think i will enjoy being warm and watching on HDTV a little better

Archived