Midnite Madness: Friday the 13th!

Jetsfan80

In my team's first tune-up, an exhibition game vs. D-II Francis-Marion, UNCW won 94-57 last night. Freshman Montez Downey (younger brother of Taron who played at Wake Forest) put up 25 points and junior G Daniel Fountain scored 24.

Our star player, TJ Carter, will be out indefinitely with a groin injury. He may redshirt and come back next season, when the team will be STACKED.

UNC beat St. Augustine's last night, 110 to 79.

Freshman Brandan Wright had 19 pts, 10 of which came in the last 4 minutes.

Another of our freshmen, Wayne Ellington, chimed in with 13 points.

Tyler Hansbrough had 14 points along with Marcus Ginyard.

The team shot 60% from the floor on 39 of 65.

Mark down November 14th on your calendars. A potential matchup of # 24 Tennessee vs. UNCW may be in the cards for an ESPN matchup in the 2nd round of the Preseason NIT. The winner goes on to face either UNC, Indiana, Notre Dame or Gonzaga in the semifinals at Madison Square Garden. This is the best group of teams in a preseason tournament I've seen in a long time.

Mark down November 14th on your calendars. A potential matchup of # 24 Tennessee vs. UNCW may be in the cards for an ESPN matchup in the 2nd round of the Preseason NIT. The winner goes on to face either UNC, Indiana, Notre Dame or Gonzaga in the semifinals at Madison Square Garden. This is the best group of teams in a preseason tournament I've seen in a long time.

Because UNCW is there?;)

Because UNCW is there?;)

Heh, why not?

The field contains 7 teams that made the NCAA Tournament last season (UNC, Gonzaga, Indiana, Tennessee, UNCW, Winthrop and Belmont) along with Notre Dame, Colorado State, Rice, Baylor, Fordham, Butler, Lafayette and Sacred Heart. The regional finals matchups SHOULD be UNC vs. Iona in Charlotte, Gonzaga vs. Colorado State in Spokane, Indiana vs. Notre Dame in Indianapolis and Tennessee vs. UNCW in Nashville.

The winners of those games would end up in Madison Square Garden for the semis.

Archived