Cards to honor Tillman...

toon88

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2654919&name=FPT-2654919-110910&srvc=sz

nice job. should have been done earlier, but better late than never. Would have liked to see them do something with the 40 yard line there. Maybe a red, white and blue 40 yard line. this way whenever someone sees it at the game or on TV they know what it represents.

i phrased it wrong..i didnt mean the NFL...my bad.

I agree more should be done to honor those that serve their country, but with Tillman being a NFL player who gave up millions of dollars to fight for his country, it is more of a human interest story, since people know who he is. right or wrong.

Nothing against Pat Tillman, but it bothers me that if an active player dies, they have their number retired no matter how good a player they were. Not just in the NFL, but in other sports. When Jason Collier (who?) died last year, the Atlanta Hawks retired his number. Why? Because he was a good basketball player or because he happened to be on the active roster when he died? Was it because of his stellar career 6 points per game, or because he croaked as a Hawk?

Just something in sports that bothers me.

Nothing against Pat Tillman, but it bothers me that if an active player dies, they have their number retired no matter how good a player they were. Not just in the NFL, but in other sports. When Jason Collier (who?) died last year, the Atlanta Hawks retired his number. Why? Because he was a good basketball player or because he happened to be on the active roster when he died? Was it because of his stellar career 6 points per game, or because he croaked as a Hawk?

Just something in sports that bothers me.

thats what im talkin about...i never heard of TILLMAN before he got killed..

he was only in the league from 98 til 01...he was nothing special at all...

thats what im talkin about...i never heard of TILLMAN before he got killed..

he was only in the league from 98 til 01...he was nothing special at all...

The NFL is a business organization of which Tillman was an employee. If a person who worked for the same company as you died in action, your company would probably do something to honor that person. Maybe that person wasn't a superstar employee, but they certainly would still honor him/her. The NFL has the right to do the same as they see fit.

Archived