Poll: If you could go back in time, would you want the Jets to make the Aaron Rodgers trade?

Poll: If you could go back in time, would you want the Jets to make the Aaron Rodgers trade?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: If you could go back in time, would you want the Jets to make the Aaron Rodgers trade?

• Yes, I would still want the Jets to trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • No, I would NOT want the Jets to trade for Aaron Rodgers

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/31/2024 at 06:01 PM

None of this "ask me again after next year" stuff.  It's easy to answer correctly in hindsight.

This is a "with everything you know now" type question, btw.  We're through free agency and the draft so you're allowed to know how that all played out.  And you can factor in everything you've heard AR8 say (T0m calls it "conspiratorial pine tar"), if that matters to you.

i think they could've done just as well by bringing in a vet and still keep zach on the bench.  it's hard to gage how much influence rodgers had on zach though.  zach played way better this past season and if the oline could pass protect and receivers hold onto balls things might have looked different.  i think bringing in rodgers also led to signing cook since the hopes were so high.  lazard?  hackett?  i know the conspiracy theory is these guys were brought in because of rodgers  but at the same time milfy had to go and they did need a new oc and wr.  and the draft pick they lost last year could've been used on oline or a wr.  so a lot of things were set in motion by trading for rodgers and not all of it panned out.

• Upvote 1

I saw sparks before AR arrived. My concerns were SOJ related.

With AR here they are improving at a faster rate.

We’ve gone from addition and subtraction to Calculus and the guy has not even played.

Can’t wait to see him in real action.

So, yeah, I do think we are better off.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What would be the alternative? Who would our QB be this year? JJ Mcarthy? Cousins? 

Exactly! Among those jumping off the Rodgers train, who would we have drafted this year at #10 or traded up for, or vet to be signed in FA?

image.thumb.png.aedb8f8c4cd9605c3d70bf4e92a439a8.png

29 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I would have been okay with Carr and the picks. We'll never know if that would have worked.

lol stop.. Carrs arm is dead.. what are we even doing here? 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

lol stop.. Carrs arm is dead.. what are we even doing here? 

Now you're just making stuff up. These look like pretty good numbers to me for a guy with a dead arm

Career stats
Year
Year
Team
Team
CMP%
Completions percentage
YDS
Passing yards
TD
Passing touchdowns
INT
Interceptions thrown
Rating
Passer rating

A nice telling issue on this happened about a month ago.   It was in a lets go! Rodgers is healthy! We are going to rock!  thread.

I posted these stats:

69% completion rate

3900 yards

25 tds

8 ints

98 QB rating.

The big Rodgers fans were all giving thumbs up and massive approval about my QB projections all highly  approving of such a great year to come.

Those stats?  Derrick Carr last year.

The one and only way the Rodgers move was worth it is if he has a pro bowl far better than average year as a QB.

I'm sure though that if he is even average all the supporters will be trumpeting his massive success.  All the same people yelling that we are getting an mvp, all pro, hof Qb will all of a sudden be good with an average year.

Because Wilson sucked badly does not make it okay  to go to the lengths we have had to for average Qb play.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A nice telling issue on this happened about a month ago.   It was in a lets go! Rodgers is healthy! We are going to rock!  thread.

I posted these stats:

69% completion rate

3900 yards

25 tds

8 ints

98 QB rating.

The big Rodgers fans were all giving thumbs up and massive approval about my QB projections all highly  approving of such a great year to come.

The one and only way the Rodgers move was worth it is if he has a pro bowl far better than average year as a QB.

I'm sure though that if he is even average all the supporters will be trumpeting his massive success.  All the same people yelling that we are getting an mvp, all pro, hof Qb will all of a sudden be good with an average year.

Because Wilson sucked badly does not make it okay  to go to the lengths we have had to for average Qb play.

Derek Carr is a loser. If the goal is to lose playoff games, he's the guy. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Now you're just making stuff up. These look like pretty good numbers to me for a guy with a dead arm

Career stats
Year
Year
Team
Team
CMP%
Completions percentage
YDS
Passing yards
TD
Passing touchdowns
INT
Interceptions thrown
Rating
Passer rating

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I posted these stats:

69% completion rate

3900 yards

25 tds

8 ints

98 QB rating.

Lmao! I didn’t realize we had so many big Derek Carr fans around here and disrespecting a 4x MVP all time great Aaron Rodgers. SMH wait till you see him comeback this year behind a stacked OLine he has a chance for MVP #5. But yes Derek Carr should’ve been the choice smh

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Career stats
Year
Year
Team
Team
CMP%
Completions percentage
YDS
Passing yards
TD
Passing touchdowns
INT
Interceptions thrown
Rating
Passer rating

Saints fans would be happy to swap!

They’re not feeling the love!

Mardi Gras

• Haha 3

I will admit I wanted carr. I will also admit that was wrong lol. However, I never wanted Aaron, especially after JD got raked over the coals for a guy whose team didn't want him. Simply crazy to me that JD/Woody didn't tell Aaron he might need to wait to join the team - they should have been happy to let the Packers sweat it out until close to training camp, if they really wanted. They should have been begging us to take him off their hands at his pay grade and with Love entering year 4.

Watching Kirk Cousins and Russell Wilson move this off season for free, it almost feels like the perfect hindsight move might have been to just let Wilson have his 3rd year full confidence and move on now if it had Still all gone to hell. Or just brought in a guy like Minshew / Brissett to "compete" with zach last year (i.e. lead the team when he was benched).

Aaron could still prove me wrong by winning playoff game(s) with this franchise. But as of now, with few benefits shown besides roster building and somewhat hefty dead cap for most of the decade, I can't say I'm happy with it. I never liked Aaron the human either, not that that matters as much to me. He's not a wife beater or felon, at least, just selfish.

Edit: I almost forgot, he's also the reason we have Hackett. Ugh. That practically cancels out the roster help, let's all hope Hackett leaves whenever Rodgers does.

1 minute ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Simply crazy to me that JD/Woody didn't tell Aaron he might need to wait to join the team - they should have been happy to let the Packers sweat it out until close to training camp, if they really wanted. They should have been begging us to take him off their hands at his pay grade and with Love entering year 4.

Woody was in no mood to play games with GB. He had season tickets to sell. I would have loved that scenario but it wasn’t going to play out well for us. GB could have taken Rodgers into the regular season.

They got him into camp early, reworked his contract and were ready for the regular season… all except the OL.

• Upvote 1