Richard Seymour Comments

Mo Lew

From the end of the article:

Referee Peter Morelli explained the call in a pool report after the game, saying: "He picked [brady] up and drove him into the ground and used the force of his helmet and basically stuffed him into the ground. He has to know when the quarterback lets the pass go. It's his responsibility as the defender to know when the ball is gone and let up and to back off."

Mad Dog is killing this call as i type this. Just killing it.

All I can say is it's a good thing this call didnt cost the game. Between this and the bogus call in Cleveland, you'd think...nahhh... :D

All I can say is it's a good thing this call didnt cost the game. Between this and the bogus call in Cleveland, you'd think...nahhh... :D

There is no way in hell that a defender would know that the QB released the ball. The QB could just as easily pump and tuck the ball in on that play so the defender has got to hit him. If the rule is you cannot tackle a QB (using a normal tackle that works everywhere else on the field) while he is in his throwing motion (yet still has the ball!) then bring on the yellow flags because I want the Jets to play like that EVERY WEEK!

"Eric was here, so he knows what we do, but there are no excuses," Seymour said. "They outplayed us and outcoached us today. We just have to do a better job of meeting force with force. We just have to do a better job from top to bottom being ready to go."

That is brutal.

Players on BB's teams don't say that type of thing.

Crazy.

BZ

That is brutal.

Players on BB's teams don't say that type of thing.

Crazy.

BZ

Tick - tick - tick, do you see it yet BZ? It's coming.

Btw, Tom Jackson on ESPN said, for the day, the Jets were Muhammed Ali when he first beat Liston in an upset and you see where that got Ali!

The rule is simply ridiculous. The league has become so overly concerned with protecting the QBs (understandably) that it is nearly impossible to legally hit one. Brady actually jumped off the field on his own in an effort to release the ball PRIOR to Hobson even touching him. Hobson did NOT lift him in the air. Even according to the league's own overprotecting rule it was a bad call.

Archived