GUTSY Performance by Chad Pennington Tonight

nj meadowlands

Not smooth

Not pretty

Not totally effective

but GUTSY

Chad hung in there, made the throws he could, ran very effectively, and didn't make (with maybe 2 exceptions) any glaringly dumb decisions. He's absolutely NOT a bad weather quarterback, jeez. But all things considered, a commendable job by Pennington. BTW, how do Joe Theisman and Tony Kornholer still have JOBS? AMAZING how they could rip Chad's life to shreds one minute and slurp him 3 seconds later. Incredible.

Hell of a job by Leon Washington tonight, looking like Reggie Bush in the open field. Defense was acceptable to say the least and Nugent comes through again.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL JET FANS!!!!

I'll give that. We were behind/tied twice in critical moments and he did get the job done. Granted Leon did most of the work the 2nd time, but whatever. That being said, I seriously cannot fathom how Chad's poor play goes defended by the likes of madmike and ecurb. If Chad were playing at a decent level this team would be far better than 9-6 right now. That's the bottom line truth. Chad's multiple horrible games are not what you want from your leader when you are trying to build a SB caliber team.

I'll give that. We were behind/tied twice in critical moments and he did get the job done. Granted Leon did most of the work the 2nd time, but whatever. That being said, I seriously cannot fathom how Chad's poor play goes defended by the likes of madmike and ecurb. If Chad were playing at a decent level this team would be far better than 9-6 right now. That's the bottom line truth. Chad's multiple horrible games are not what you want from your leader when you are trying to build a SB caliber team.

Chad's poor play absolutely deserves to be put under the microscope, as does any player's. But, his gutsy performances and good game management deserves to be recognized by those who madmike :roll: would call the "haters"

Hopefully Chad's ineffectiveness tonight can LARGELY be attributed to the weather, and he shreds the Raiders in a playoff tune up next week.

Chad's poor play absolutely deserves to be put under the microscope, as does any player's. But, his gutsy performances and good game management deserves to be recognized by those who madmike :roll: would call the "haters"

Hopefully Chad's ineffectiveness tonight can LARGELY be attributed to the weather, and he shreds the Raiders in a playoff tune up next week.

I am one of the proclaimed "haters" :yawn:. I just gave him credit for his gutsy performance. It was. But you must admit that his poor play to begin with was what necessitated a gutsy performance in the first place. MIA's D did not make plays tonight. Thy didn't get nearly as much pressure as they usually do, and most of Chad's errant passes were not the result of pressure. They were just plain bad. I'd be inclined to agree it was the weather, but this wasn't the first time this happened. And on the other times the weather was fine.

Archived