Jets hire assistant coaches!!!!!!!

SouthernJet

Jets, Giants shuffle staff

By RICH CIMINI and

RALPH VACCHIANO

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Jets coach Eric Mangini made several changes yesterday to his staff, hiring two new assistants.

Mangini hired Mike MacIntyre to coach the secondary, according to an NFL source. MacIntyre, 41, formerly the Cowboys' assistant secondary coach, will replace Corwin Brown, who left to become the Notre Dame defensive coordinator.

In a surprise move, Mangini changed his strength-and-conditioning coach, not renewing the contract of Markus Paul and rehiring Sal Alosi. Paul's departure was unexpected, considering the Jets were one of the healthiest teams last season. Alosi, formerly an assistant strength coach with the Jets, returns after a stint with the Falcons.

Jerome Henderson, the director of player development, has been given the added title of assistant secondary coach.

Almost immediately after he was jettisoned by the Jets, Paul landed with the Giants, replacing Andy Barnett as the team's assistant strength and conditioning coach under Jerry Palmieri. The Giants also officially announced the retirement of special teams coordinator Mike Sweatman and the promotion of his former assistant, Tom Quinn. Quinn's new assistant will be Thomas McGaughey, who spent the last two seasons in the same position with the Denver Broncos.

Mangini changed his strength-and-conditioning coach, not renewing the contract of Markus Paul and rehiring Sal Alosi. Paul's departure was unexpected, considering the Jets were one of the healthiest teams last season.

Why the change? I'm not in their locker-room obviously, but as health goes, the Jets were great last year.

He probably had his reasons but still...wtf?

Jets, Giants shuffle staff

By RICH CIMINI and

RALPH VACCHIANO

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Jets coach Eric Mangini made several changes yesterday to his staff, hiring two new assistants.

Mangini hired Mike MacIntyre to coach the secondary, according to an NFL source. MacIntyre, 41, formerly the Cowboys' assistant secondary coach, will replace Corwin Brown, who left to become the Notre Dame defensive coordinator.

In a surprise move, Mangini changed his strength-and-conditioning coach, not renewing the contract of Markus Paul and rehiring Sal Alosi. Paul's departure was unexpected, considering the Jets were one of the healthiest teams last season. Alosi, formerly an assistant strength coach with the Jets, returns after a stint with the Falcons.

Jerome Henderson, the director of player development, has been given the added title of assistant secondary coach.

Almost immediately after he was jettisoned by the Jets, Paul landed with the Giants, replacing Andy Barnett as the team's assistant strength and conditioning coach under Jerry Palmieri. The Giants also officially announced the retirement of special teams coordinator Mike Sweatman and the promotion of his former assistant, Tom Quinn. Quinn's new assistant will be Thomas McGaughey, who spent the last two seasons in the same position with the Denver Broncos.

Thanks SJ. I've been trying to figure out why Markus Paul left, now I know. I'm still thinking WTF but at least I know. In Eric we trust I guess.

Archived