Hey CrazyCarl

madmike1

Look who just got shut out.

It happens. The Penguins made some noise today at the deadline and will be an even better team. Pens got caught on an off night when a lot of bounces didn't go their way. It's a long way to go the rest of the season. The Pens will be a tough out in the playoffs and are now legitimate Stanley Cup contenders. You aren't going to shut them out very often, so bask in this one.

It happens. The Penguins made some noise today at the deadline and will be an even better team. Pens got caught on an off night when a lot of bounces didn't go their way. It's a long way to go the rest of the season. The Pens will be a tough out in the playoffs and are now legitimate Stanley Cup contenders. You aren't going to shut them out very often, so bask in this one.

LOL nice excuse making for getting outplayed BADLY by a team without one of it's best players. You really are a boston fan aren't you?

LOL nice excuse making for getting outplayed BADLY by a team without one of it's best players. You really are a boston fan aren't you?

1-0 is getting outplayed badly? Outshooting the Devils is getting outplayed badly? Less PM? More hits? Winning more faceoffs? If it weren't for a couple breaks going the Devils way this time then Penguins would have won. Just admit the Penguins are for real and a real threat to win it all this season.

And who were the Devils missing? There is no mention of it in the recap or boxscore.

1-0 is getting outplayed badly? Outshooting the Devils is getting outplayed badly? Less PM? More hits? Winning more faceoffs? If it weren't for a couple breaks going the Devils way this time then Penguins would have won. Just admit the Penguins are for real and a real threat to win it all this season.

And who were the Devils missing? There is no mention of it in the recap or boxscore.

40 goal scorer Brian Gionta...

Carl, I do like the 2 big moves the Pens made yesterday getting Roberts & Laraque. Laraque could be to Crosby what McSorely was to Gretzky. He is the best fighter in the NHL and will be the protector of Crosby & Malkin, so don't look for them to get hit very much as long as he is there. The Roberts addition is just a good tough veteran added to a young speed team, nice move.

Still don't think they are ready to beat the Sabres or Devils in a 7 game series yet, but they took a big step for the future this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey MadMike... look who just got shut out. Look who just beat the Sabres the night before. Look who is only 4 points behind the Devils.

You wont get any closer then that. The devils are playing awful right now and are killed with injuries but they will be fine. And they are still 5-3 vs Pitt this season.

You wont get any closer then that. The devils are playing awful right now and are killed with injuries but they will be fine. And they are still 5-3 vs Pitt this season.

LOL nice excuse making for getting outplayed BADLY at home by a team and their backup goalie.

LOL nice excuse making for getting outplayed BADLY at home by a team and their backup goalie.

When your without your best scorer and no 2 dman for long periods of time it's hard to play consistantly. The devils have been outplayed by teams ALOT worse then the Pens recently... Thats just reality. They rebounded with a good effort tonight and will be fine.

Look out, now 2 points. What happened to not getting any closer?

haha...who you rootin for tonight 124? ;)

Of course my Rangers but I'd still like to see the Devils fall to 4th. I wouldn't mind giving the Pens a point. We can go to OT or a shootout and beat them;).

Tied! What happened Mike, I thought they wouldn't get any closer? :P

Well I couldn't predict the whole team getting hurt. I still think the devils will hold on. (and you're not really tied, the devils have a game in hand and all the tiebreakers.)

Well I couldn't predict the whole team getting hurt. I still think the devils will hold on. (and you're not really tied, the devils have a game in hand and all the tiebreakers.)

No more holding on, now they've got to catch up!

Archived