Rangers Thrashers at MSG

D'brickMangoldJets

Yea, the Garden will be rocking with 13,000 stockbrokers who will all be asking themselves "Which number is Marbury?"

Ranger/Knick crowds are nothing like they were back in the day. All that is left are the teenage punks in the cheap seats.

So what your saying is you can't be a stockbroker or a lawyer and be a true fan?

So what your saying is you can't be a stockbroker or a lawyer and be a true fan?

This comes from an Islander fan- that can not even think of selling out the Nassau coliseum without Ranger fans.

What im saying is a lot of the big corporations get there hands on these tickts nowadays and their employees go just for a night out. The ticket prices are outrageous and the diehards are being priced out. Same deal will happen with the Jets/Giants with the new stadium and its already happening with Yankee playoff games.

A co-worker of mine has seaosn tickets and every once in a while he invites me to go to a game with him. The Ranger crowds are nothing like they used to be. NOTHING.

This comes from an Islander fan- that can not even think of selling out the Nassau coliseum without Ranger fans.

My post wasnt meant as a knock on Ranger fans. Other than NY Giant fans who are in a comatose iat their home games all NY fans are great aslong as the real fans are there. All im saying is the type of crowd is not the same anymore at Ranger/knick games. . Back in the day Ranger fans were nuts, but the maniacs who tried to tip over LaFontaine's ambulance have been priced out and now you get more of the wall street preppie types going to the games.

The Islanders have struggled with season ticket sales this year only because the prices were ridiculous for a team that many felt would be one of the worst in the league. But in year's past aslong as the team has been good the fans went with no problem whatsoever.

Monday will either be sold out or a near sell out, but at least the fans who will be there will be the true diehards rocking the old barn.

My post wasnt meant as a knock on Ranger fans. Other than NY Giant fans who are in a comatose iat their home games all NY fans are great aslong as the real fans are there. All im saying is the type of crowd is not the same anymore at Ranger/knick games. . Back in the day Ranger fans were nuts, but the maniacs who tried to tip over LaFontaine's ambulance have been priced out and now you get more of the wall street preppie types going to the games.

The Islanders have struggled with season ticket sales this year only because the prices were ridiculous for a team that many felt would be one of the worst in the league. But in year's past aslong as the team has been good the fans went with no problem whatsoever.

Monday will either be sold out or a near sell out, but at least the fans who will be there will be the true diehards rocking the old barn.

its so true, i tried to land myself ranger tix but it was sold out in 10 mins for this series and the next series. its because all corporation and high profiled people that have most of the tickets. likewise for the knicks games. today i could've bought islanders tickets, 5 rows up for $140 when rangers tickets are nearly impossible w/out ebay or stub-hub. its quite unfortunate because i've been to the $20 promotional islanders games where they throw u 10 rows from the ice, and their fans fill the arena with loud chants such as "if u know the rangers suck, clap ur hands". the past few times i've gone to rangers games though, it wasn't half as enthusiastic as the collisieum, and its just because of the people in the seats. its quite a shame actually...but hey at least the rangers won't be knocked out in the first round

What im saying is a lot of the big corporations get there hands on these tickts nowadays and their employees go just for a night out. The ticket prices are outrageous and the diehards are being priced out. Same deal will happen with the Jets/Giants with the new stadium and its already happening with Yankee playoff games.

A co-worker of mine has seaosn tickets and every once in a while he invites me to go to a game with him. The Ranger crowds are nothing like they used to be. NOTHING.

I know the Devils prices are totally ridiclous beside the inconvenience of no mass transit-myself a lifelong Ranger fan there area core group of true die hard fans for hockey.

Tickets are almost impossible to get. I have been searching the 'net, but all the usual spots are either sold out, or just don't have any. Still bidding on a couple though, but the prices are getting out of hand.

It is a hot ticket, to say the least.

Archived