28 Weeks Later

Mavrik

All I can say is wow. Went into the movie hoping it would be as good as the first one "28 Days Later", which would have been hard to top. This movie met it and went beyond it. Great movie. One of those edge-of-your-seat movies where once the action stops, it doesn't end. Doesn't have any of the characters of the first movie, but was a completely different story dealing with the aftermaths of the incident and what happens when the virus reemerges in London.

Reason I've liked both 28 Weeks Later and 28 Days Later is that they haven't treated themselves like typical horror movies, but play out like a horror/thriller with the focus of the films being about a virus and not necessarily about dead people eating other people.

Great movie. I recommend it to everyone, especially if you liked the first one.

Sweet, thanks man. I've been trying to decide whether or not to go, b/c i figured there was a good chance it would end up like most sequels and be garbage. Thanks for the post, I look forward to seeing it now.

interesting take. i heard it was a different director so i never got out to see it. i really liked the first one though, too bad they couldn't retain cileon murphy (sp?).

It is a new director for the film, a Spanish director I believe. But the director of the first film, Danny Boyle, is an Executive Producer for this film as well. The main difference between the films are I think just the cinematopgrahy of a few shots. There are a few shots styles the new director uses in this film that weren't present in the first movie. But I think this movie does a good job of maintaining the overall feel and mood of the movie with the first movie.

Cillian Murphy did a good job in the first movie. There is a new character in the movie, an American Sgt. Doyle that you kinda of root for in this one. The characters still remain pretty strong.

It is a new director for the film, a Spanish director I believe. But the director of the first film, Danny Boyle, is an Executive Producer for this film as well. The main difference between the films are I think just the cinematopgrahy of a few shots. There are a few shots styles the new director uses in this film that weren't present in the first movie. But I think this movie does a good job of maintaining the overall feel and mood of the movie with the first movie.

Cillian Murphy did a good job in the first movie. There is a new character in the movie, an American Sgt. Doyle that you kinda of root for in this one. The characters still remain pretty strong.

Awsome, thanks for your take. I rarely go to the theatres so i might have to wait till it is on DVD, but i'll be looking forward to watching it.

It's funny you bring up the characters, that's my number 1 reason for liking any movie. It has to have dynamic characters, ie - pulp fiction, fight club, monty python :)

They should have had it set in Paris instead of London. That way when the American Military laid waste to the city people could have cheered.

haha, i think enough will chear for London's undoing.

set it in miami, and watch me erupt in happiness.

They should have had it set in Paris instead of London. That way when the American Military laid waste to the city people could have cheered.

haha. Let's just say if you watch the movie, you'll like how it ends. :)

I definitely want to see this movie and I'm glad to hear it's going to be good. 28 Days Later is probably the best "horror" movie I've ever seen even though it isn't really a horror film in the traditional sense. I can't wait to see this sequel though.

Archived