After failing to trade him, Dolphins cut Wilkinson

After failing to trade him, Dolphins cut Wilkinson

Associated Press

DAVIE, Fla. -- The Miami Dolphins terminated the contract of defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson on Monday, after trying unsuccessfully to trade the 14-year veteran.

The Dolphins agreed to ship Wilkinson to Denver on March 2 for a sixth-round draft pick, but he failed to report to the Broncos for a physical and the deal was voided. He was not with the Dolphins for their offseason workouts, either.

Wilkinson was selected by Cincinnati with the first overall selection in the 1994 draft out of Ohio State. He has played for the Bengals (1994-97), Washington (1998-2002) and Detroit (2003-05). He appeared in 10 games as a backup last season.

Wilkinson, who has 54

If there is one thing about "Big Daddy" is he is a gap blocker (even by just standing there). He's been a 3-4 NT his whole career and at the very least could coach up D-rob, or even allow d rob to push out to and end on some plays. Interesting situation if we got him.

He has almost nothing left in the tank and even less as far as effort goes. True, he has the experience and the size but if he is not ready to work he would never make it here. I'm not saying that Mangini shouldn't talk to him and maybe give him a look, but unless he all of a sudden shows some heart I don't see him being of help.

He has almost nothing left in the tank and even less as far as effort goes. True, he has the experience and the size but if he is not ready to work he would never make it here. I'm not saying that Mangini shouldn't talk to him and maybe give him a look, but unless he all of a sudden shows some heart I don't see him being of help.

The Jets could use him as a spot player, but your right, he just isn't going to fit in with Mangini.............The Dude isn't a Mangini type worker, to say the least

Mangini want's 100% attendence at the voluntary mini-camps. Wilkinson is hoping to eat cheetos and Krispy Kremes until September, then sign a deal that allows him show up without any practice, no two-a-days, no team-building exercises... He wants money.

I'm not sure its a good fit.

Archived