Scout NFL Roundtable: NFC Playoffs

rick34125

Scout NFL Roundtable: NFC Playoffs

By Scout NFL Team Experts

Posted Jun 19, 2007

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=65&p=2&c=652874

Interesting weigh in on which NFC team who wasn't in the playoffs last year will make it this year and who will get pushed out.

It's almost an unanimous consensus that the Giants will not make it to the playoffs this year without Tiki (not too much confidence in Eli). On the other hand, teams in the NFCW are getting a lot of consideration to take their place.

Maybe good news for the Jets who they play in week 5...

I think the Giants this year will be like last year's Dolphins. An aged defense, that can get the job done, but with a suspect offense unable to put up points. When your QB has the inconsistancy that Eli had, and you respond with a lasidaisical response from your star recievers (Plaxico and Shockey) to improve in the off-season, it's a poor formula for success. Pair that with the loss of your featured offensive weapon ( a 1,600 yard rusher).... Then I'd expect to see a Saban-like finish to the NYG football year. I'd like to see a Sinorice and Steve Smith tandem develop into something, around week-7 or so, but that might require a better running game then they currently have.

I think the Giants this year will be like last year's Dolphins. An aged defense, that can get the job done, but with a suspect offense unable to put up points. When your QB has the inconsistancy that Eli had, and you respond with a lasidaisical response from your star recievers (Plaxico and Shockey) to improve in the off-season, it's a poor formula for success. Pair that with the loss of your featured offensive weapon ( a 1,600 yard rusher).... Then I'd expect to see a Saban-like finish to the NYG football year. I'd like to see a Sinorice and Steve Smith tandem develop into something, around week-7 or so, but that might require a better running game then they currently have.

good post.giants have yet to replace luke pettigoat at left tackle. Brandon jacobs is a bruiser & teams will be sore from tackling him. but most of em will be within 3 yds of the line of scrimmage. jimm finn the fullback gone?

The Giants certainly seem to be headed the wrong way. Aging D, no Tiki, crazy coach still on board despite seeming to have lost the team. Thing is when I think the Jets will be good and the Giants bad ('05) or when I think the Jets will suck and the Giants are contenders ('06) things never seem to work out as I thought they would.

NFCW does seem to have improved the most. Especially the Niners.

JoeWilly, Finn hurt his shoulder during OTAs and is supposedly gone for the season. Surgery + 6 month rehab.

Archived