God of War

Jetheelz

Ok, I rented this game for the PS2 earlier tonight and when I got it home and started playing I just could not stop. Before I knew it, almost 4 hours had gone by and I did not even notice. That's how you know you've got yourself a good video game.

You play a character named Kratos, a Spartan Warrior. Feeling alone and deserted by the Greek gods, he attempts to commit suicide, but before you see if he dies, the game takes you back 3 weeks to where his ship is on the Aegean Sea. Thats where the gameplay begins. You end up squaring off against a huge, 3-headed hydra that has taken over the ship. After killing this beast, you must rescue a fellow ship captain who has been swallowed whole by the creature. That's right, you get to go inside the thing after you have killed it.

From there you go to Athens, where you have to stop the God Ares from taking over the city...this dude is tearing stuff up, and he looks pretty mean doing it. I have gotten to about the third stage in Athens, but had to stop. Believe me, I will resume this tomorrow over the holiday.

The action is intense and very gory, but fast paced. The graphics are great, and sometimes even downright scary as you have to face off against some pretty fierce competition...menotaurs, archers, undead swordsmen, even Medusa herself. Every single enemy and character you come in contact with seems to have its own unique demeanor, a quality that shows the hard work and effort put into making this game.

Yeah, its creepy but a whole lot of fun. Reminds me of the old mythology stories and movies like "Clash of the Titans". It really is a great title that so far has not failed to deliver at all.

So I just wanted to recommend this to any of you who may be interested in the kind of hardcore, in your face action/adventure games. This is definately one of them. But if youre looking for a game for the kids, stay away...this one has definately earned its "M" rating.

But if youre looking for a game for the kids, stay away...this one has definately earned its "M" rating.

Is it just me or are some of the "Teen" games getting pretty brutal. Seems like they have relaxed the "Mature" standard a bit lately.

The shock value has worn off maybe.

Ok, I rented this game for the PS2 earlier tonight and when I got it home and started playing I just could not stop. Before I knew it, almost 4 hours had gone by and I did not even notice. That's how you know you've got yourself a good video game.

You play a character named Kratos, a Spartan Warrior. Feeling alone and deserted by the Greek gods, he attempts to commit suicide, but before you see if he dies, the game takes you back 3 weeks to where his ship is on the Aegean Sea. Thats where the gameplay begins. You end up squaring off against a huge, 3-headed hydra that has taken over the ship. After killing this beast, you must rescue a fellow ship captain who has been swallowed whole by the creature. That's right, you get to go inside the thing after you have killed it.

From there you go to Athens, where you have to stop the God Ares from taking over the city...this dude is tearing stuff up, and he looks pretty mean doing it. I have gotten to about the third stage in Athens, but had to stop. Believe me, I will resume this tomorrow over the holiday.

The action is intense and very gory, but fast paced. The graphics are great, and sometimes even downright scary as you have to face off against some pretty fierce competition...menotaurs, archers, undead swordsmen, even Medusa herself. Every single enemy and character you come in contact with seems to have its own unique demeanor, a quality that shows the hard work and effort put into making this game.

Yeah, its creepy but a whole lot of fun. Reminds me of the old mythology stories and movies like "Clash of the Titans". It really is a great title that so far has not failed to deliver at all.

So I just wanted to recommend this to any of you who may be interested in the kind of hardcore, in your face action/adventure games. This is definately one of them. But if youre looking for a game for the kids, stay away...this one has definately earned its "M" rating.

I tried this at a Gamestop store and let me tell you..I am at the point of ALMOST buying it. I playyed the part on the Ship and its heavy action al the way! Great game..

LL

I must tell you, I dont play alot of games other than sports or socom, but this is single handedly the best PS2 game to ever hit the market. This could almost pass as a PS3 title.

If you dont own this game, you are really missing out my friend.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived