Cimini's Sunday evening blog

TaborJet

Weather doesn't slow down Jets

You didn't see it, but the Jets did practice this evening - outdoors. Because of the afternoon storm, they repaired to the fields behind Weeb Ewbank Hall, where they held a closed practice for 2 hours, 45 minutes in murky conditions.

LG Pete Kendall, who needs no introduction by now, didn't practice. He remained on the sideline, riding a stationary bike. It appears that he hurt his right leg in the morning practice, which required some medical attention. He didn't seem to think it was too serious, so we can probably assume this isn't a major injury. It's just another development, albeit minor, in the seemingly never-ending soap opera between Kendall and the Jets.

The damp weather must agree with QB Chad Pennington because he threw the ball exceptionally well this evening, unleashing a couple of impressive deep balls. He hit Justin McCareins on a post route (sorry, but I didn't catch the number on the DB that got torched) and he followed up with a real nice pass to Laveranues Coles. The pass was incomplete, although I

I don't like Chad but I wish him the best and want him to win![/quote]

That should always be the bottom line as a true Jets fan. He's our stater and as Rich noted in his article "the disparity between him and the rest of the QB's in camp is remarkable." It's sad that there are people here (note I did not say fans) who really want Chad to fail, not realizing that as he goes, so goes the Jets season.

Archived