Sports Hotties You Don't Know...Yet

Lil Bit Special

http://winningtheturnoverbattle.blogspot.com/2007/08/sports-hotties-you-dont-knowyet.html

Friday, August 3, 2007

Sports Hotties You Don't Know...Yet

If you ask me, I think that the world of sports ladies needs an infusion of new talent. I am personally a little tired of hearing about Natalie Gulbis, Danica Patrick, and Maria Sharapova all of the time. So today is the day to diversify the sports hottie portfolio a little bit, and continue the work that was started with the recent inclusion of Allison Stokke and Taryne Mowatt in the sports babe canon. For your consideration, here are my nominees, sorted by sport;

golf.jpgGolf: Erica Blasberg

You've Heard Of: Natalie Gulbis, Michelle Wie

Erica plays on the LPGA Tour, and before going pro she tore up the college scene at the University of Arizona. This year is her first season with full exempt status on the LPGA Tour. Besides being one of the most accurate drivers on tour, 23 year old Erica is also the face of Puma's golf line.

basketball.jpg

Basketball: Ilona Korstin

You've Heard Of: Sue Bird, Lauren Jackson

Ilona is one of Russia's top players, and she played an integral role on Russia's bronze medal winning Olympic team in 2004. The 27 year old Korstin is a 6 foot tall forward. So does anyone have any complaints about a tall, pretty, Russian blonde? I didn't think so.

soccer.jpg

Soccer: Milene Domingues

You've Heard Of: Brandi Chastain, Heather Mitts

The rest of the world already knows all about Milene Domingues. That is mainly because in addition to being a model and one of the best female soccer players in the world, she also happens to be the first ex-wife of Ronaldo. Milene isn't just a pretty face. She also holds the world record for soccer juggling by a female, having juggled a ball 55,187 over nine hours when she was 17. Forget Beckham, I'd be more of a soccer fan if Milene came over here to play.

1318795548_l.jpg

Softball: Whitney Baker

You've Heard Of: Jenny Finch, Taryne Mowatt

According to Baker's bio at UCLA's website she was the 2006 Washington Gatorade Player of the Year and also holds the Washington state high school record for strikeouts in a career with 949. In her freshman year at UCLA she started six games and threw two shutouts while posting a 2.65 ERA. As well as being an extremely talented softball player, she also happens to be quite attractive. In case you hadn't noticed from the picture. Though I'm sure you did.

gymnast.jpg

Gymnastics: Jamie, Janelle, and Jalynne Dantzscher

You've Heard Of: Dominique Moceanu

Now, I have a confession to make. Jamie Dantzsher is my favorite female athlete ever. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong, but there is just something about her that puts her above everyone else in my book. So when I found out she had two twin sisters that were also gymnasts...wow. Both of Jamie's sisters followed in her footsteps to UCLA, though sadly her sister Jalynne has retired from the sport due to injuries.

tennis.jpg

Tennis: Sania Mirza

You've Heard Of: Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams

Women's tennis is the most babe centric of all women's sports, so it is somewhat difficult to find a true unknown hottie. So I decided to go the route of "non-Russian, non-blonde" and see where it took me. It led me right to Sania Mirza. Sania is the most prominent female athlete in all of India, and her court clothing has caused quite a stir among some Islamists. I say, keep it up Sania.

Archived