Yankee hitting is a much bigger problem than their pitching

Matt39

So far this season.....I can honestly say that I don't think we have a clutch batter on the team

Things can change obviously

Seriously. The pitching hasn't been stellar by any means. But for the most part, they're keeping the games somewhat close. Johnson hasn't been his usual dominant self, but if the Yankees cant come up with more than 4 hits, you're not going to win many games.

For a lineup with guys like Jeter, Sheff, Matsui, Arod(who hasnt done anything for about 3 weeks) is just embarassing.

And Torre continues to look like a corpse in the dugout, while we have 2 HITS, 2 GODDAMN HITS TONIGHT.

Aside from the regular batch of automatic outs (Giambi & Bernie)

You know who is REALLY killing us??

Hideki Matsui.

This guy started the season off lookin like he was a formidable MVP candidate. Not to mention he's playing for a contract because he is a FA after this season ends. As each day goes by, his value keeps dropping. I don't know WTF is wrong with him, but he just seems totally out of whack, not concentrated, not swinging hard, and just plain sh*tty.

I'd seriously consider trading him to a team who has some good prospects or just a different bat.

Tell ya what, I'd love to get Darin Erstad.

actually, EB, you make a good point. Glad you stuck around the JN.com baseball forum while the rest of your classmates are at the prom with actual girls...

Anyway, Matsui really has fallen off the face of the Earth since his torrid start in April. And this is his contract year.

I've been calling for a salary dump for the longest time. This is one contract (only $7 mil left) that some other team might pick up. Obviously youre stuck with Brown, Giamboo, Bernie, and A-hole...but you might be able to pawn Matsui off on some unsuspecting team.

$200 million minus $7 million = $193 million...it sounds alot better to say "The 2005 Yankee team might have been the biggest financial bust ever, but at least they didnt clear $200 mil. Now that would have been REALLY embarrassing.

The win now mistakes of letting guys like Nick Johnson and Wily Mo Pena go are starting to show up.

Yankee line-up would look great with Nick at 1st and Wily Mo in center.

Unfortunately I think Wang goes for a Outfielder unless the Yanks are too far out.

Watch George trade Wang for Brian Giles

:x

I think Cano goes...Wang stays

Hope so as Wang appears to be the real deal.

I think Cano has a decent career in front of him as well.

Giles and the Padres are contending so hopefully they dont trade any of their stars.

I think the REDS are your trade partner.

Bernie and Jeter both swing at the 1st pitch....ballgame

WTF :evil:

hehehe...

Look how afraid JonEJinx is to make a prediction. You know he badly wanted to say "Bernie gets on base here and Jeter ties the score"

What a puss...

Go with your first instinct, bro. Dont let me and a few other scare you into censoring your posts. You might eventually fight your way back to respectability around here if you do.

Funny though, even the phrase "We have a chance, c'mon Bernie" were uttered, the Yanks were doomed.

thats not the end of discussion...

you can call the Red Sox "One year wonders" all you want. Doesnt bother me in the least. Baltimore can win the AL East going away for all I care.

As long as the Yankee Elimination Party starts in June this year!!!

Bullsh*t [-X

• 4 years later...

Archived