friends league

johnny green balls

so i've always heard you should capitalize when other players draft their positions in order rather than BOP. so i took BOP and now i'm light on QB and WR. here's my squad. i'm trying to trade 2 guys for another elite WR and then i'll have room to add a kicker. obviously i need another QB also but i'm stuck with a bunch of great players here and no one is expendable. thought?

1. (5) Frank Gore

2. (20) Cedric Benson

3. (29) Terrell Owens

4. (44) Carnell Williams

5. (53) Julius Jones

6. (68) Ladell Betts

7. (77) Brandon Jackson

8. (92) Kevin Curtis

9. (101) L.J. Smith

10. (116) Santonio Holmes

11. (125) Leon Washington

12. (140) Matt Schaub

13. (149) Carolina

14. (164) Brandon Marshall

what do you guys think?

so i've always heard you should capitalize when other players draft their positions in order rather than BOP. so i took BOP and now i'm light on QB and WR. here's my squad. i'm trying to trade 2 guys for another elite WR and then i'll have room to add a kicker. obviously i need another QB also but i'm stuck with a bunch of great players here and no one is expendable. thought?

1. (5) Frank Gore

2. (20) Cedric Benson

3. (29) Terrell Owens

4. (44) Carnell Williams

5. (53) Julius Jones

6. (68) Ladell Betts

7. (77) Brandon Jackson

8. (92) Kevin Curtis

9. (101) L.J. Smith

10. (116) Santonio Holmes

11. (125) Leon Washington

12. (140) Matt Schaub

13. (149) Carolina

14. (164) Brandon Marshall

what do you guys think?

Sorry to say it but that's not a very good lineup. Like the Brandon Jackson pick, I think he's going to be a FF steal this year. After Frank Gore I'm not a big fan of the rest of your RBs though. Looks to me like you might struggle a little. WR and QB are almost nonexistent. I think Matt Schaub makes a good backup option but I wouldn't want to have to start him every week. You don't have a whole lot of trade bait there either to bring in any big name players. Looks like it could be a long season for you IMO.

Sorry to say it but that's not a very good lineup. Like the Brandon Jackson pick, I think he's going to be a FF steal this year. After Frank Gore I'm not a big fan of the rest of your RBs though. Looks to me like you might struggle a little. WR and QB are almost nonexistent. I think Matt Schaub makes a good backup option but I wouldn't want to have to start him every week. You don't have a whole lot of trade bait there either to bring in any big name players. Looks like it could be a long season for you IMO.

thanks. anyone have any advice other than to mail it in?

friggin pats fans.

I don't think your receivers are as big of a problem as you think. In the league I run with my friends, it's actually a bit similar to yours, except I have Bulger and Chicago's defense. Holmes and Marshall are starting WRs for me and I am loaded at RB (Addai, Jacobs, James, T-Jones, DeAngelo, Betts, Dayne).

Two things, though...you desperately need a QB. I would dangle one of your lower-tiered RBs like Jones or Caddy to try to get one of the "Big Seven" QBs. If that doesn't work, I'd go after someone like Roethlisberger. The price won't be nearly as steep there. The other thing is that I really don't like Cedric Benson. That's not a huge problem, though, because you have enough depth to be saved if he sucks as much ass as I anticipate.

I don't think your receivers are as big of a problem as you think. In the league I run with my friends, it's actually a bit similar to yours, except I have Bulger and Chicago's defense. Holmes and Marshall are starting WRs for me and I am loaded at RB (Addai, Jacobs, James, T-Jones, DeAngelo, Betts, Dayne).

Two things, though...you desperately need a QB. I would dangle one of your lower-tiered RBs like Jones or Caddy to try to get one of the "Big Seven" QBs. If that doesn't work, I'd go after someone like Roethlisberger. The price won't be nearly as steep there. The other thing is that I really don't like Cedric Benson. That's not a huge problem, though, because you have enough depth to be saved if he sucks as much ass as I anticipate.

gracias!

Archived