Official D'Brick discussion thread

RunStuffer63

Were you watching the same game I was? Don't mean to seem so harsh but a holding penalty, a false start, two sacks, and avg at best runblocking is NOT a good game...

And I'm not even getting into all the hurries he caused...

Hurries? What game were you watching. Jarvis Green didn't do anything. He had one sack and thats it. I don't know where they get this 2nd sack bs from it was one sack. Those penalties didn't even hurt the Jets either.

Hurries? What game were you watching. Jarvis Green didn't do anything. He had one sack and thats it. I don't know where they get this 2nd sack bs from it was one sack. Those penalties didn't even hurt the Jets either.

Well maybe they sent a LB once cause Im positive DBrick allowed AT LEAST two sacks today. Ither then that he didnt run block well, he had two penalties in a row at the end of the half that killed any chance for the Jets to get some momentum... And yes, even though he only had one sack, Jarvis Green still made it past Dbrick about once every four downs, and the Jets were doing mostly three step drops and quick routes. Hopefully it was just a fluke as was the case with Nugent in last season's opener, but Dbrick certainly played more like a 5th rounder then a top 5 overall pick today...

Well maybe they sent a LB once cause Im positive DBrick allowed AT LEAST two sacks today. Ither then that he didnt run block well, he had two penalties in a row at the end of the half that killed any chance for the Jets to get some momentum... And yes, even though he only had one sack, Jarvis Green still made it past Dbrick about once every four downs, and the Jets were doing mostly three step drops and quick routes. Hopefully it was just a fluke as was the case with Nugent in last season's opener, but Dbrick certainly played more like a 5th rounder then a top 5 overall pick today...

Whatever I didn't see Jarvis Green doing anything today as he got no pressure for except that one sack. If anything the pressure came from the other side or when they did those all out blitzes.

I wouldn't even call D'Brick solid yet. He is a below average run blocker. Also, "solid" linemen don't let rookie back-ups like Jarvis Green almost kill their QB.

Green wasn't even a big-time pass rusher in college. Last year he had 7.5 sacks playing against college kids. Brick is getting exposed against the better defenses plus he lost Kendall.

Um I don't know who the hell you're thinking of but Jarvis Green has been on the Patriots since 2002, he's not a rookie.

Originally Posted by barton

If Peyton was his QB, he'd be viewed as a great pick. Guaranteed.

That being said, he has been alittle dissapointing thus far in his career. But having a QB who plants himself back there like a statue, and doesnt ever step up in the pocket to avoid a sack like its 2nd nature, really doesnt make Dbrick look any better. just sayin'

I'm gonna let him play out the season before I crucify him.

So it's Pennington's fault that D'Brick is average? When are you going to start blaming Chad Pennington for Global Warming?

Haha, he cant get off his small view of the world. It's CP's fault that D'Bust's man got to the QB in 1.7 seconds.

Archived