The Jets through the years have a difficult time filling some positions...

NIGHT STALKER

We haven't had a franchise QB since the Namath days and we can't seem to fill the TE position since Shuler. I'm sure you can come up with other positions, but those are two glaring ones for me.

Then when you really think about it, we only have two players in the HOF and only one of those is our own draft pick. :bag:

We haven't had a franchise QB since the Namath days and we can't seem to fill the TE position since Shuler. I'm sure you can come up with other positions, but those are two glaring ones for me.

Then when you really think about it, we only have two players in the HOF and only one of those is our own draft pick. :bag:

we don't need a HOF QB, we need someone to play smart and make all the throws, but yah, it does seem to be the same problems year in and year out.

The thing that kills this team is how certain picks turn out, such as

• D-Rob, the Defensive lineman that everyone is drooling over prior to the draft, turns out to be very average
  • Vilma, has a great two years in the 4-3. We change to the 3-4 and he disappears
  • D-Brick - The franchise left tackle that everyone says is a can't miss, comes to the Jets and ..misses.

Go all the way back to Blair Thomas and they guys that should be the perennial All Pro super studs just never seem to pan out

well to be far we did draft those guys when we had a 4-3 defense and these are nothing more than 4-3 players, but did you see how well the defense played when Pouha was in the middle? He is a run stuffer and 3-4 nose for the time being. I really wish we could have drafted Lamarr Woodley

Archived