Chad vs. Kellen

CoachTsurfing

I love the passion I hear on this board about Chad and Clemens. But, damn is there a lot of arguing to go with it. I see things two ways. But before I go into them I want to start off by saying, again. I don't care who QB's this team as long as they are a stand up citizen and can guide us to a super bowl win. Now, back to the comparisons. I honestly think that as of right now Chad can lead this team more effectively then Clemens can. We all know Chad's strength's and weaknesses. After watching Clemens we finally know what we have in him. A tough kid that can get the ball down field. He definately has a lot to learn and he didn't get much help from the o line, rb's, or J-mac. And please don't think I'm hating on any them I just mentioned. Although, J-mac did drop the ball a bit and one of Clemens int's was his fault. I really think the o and d line is the cause of most of the problems. I also think no one has started calling out the coaches yet. They really have not been game planning all that great. Back to Clemens, if he continues to play he is going to get better, but it is going to be a learning process. I don't think Clemens gives this team the best chance to win, but with the team we have maybe he should so we can see if he can improve enough to lead this team in the future. I'm not ready to throw the season away though, so if Chad is healthy we could start him. The draw back??? We win 7-9 games and still won't know if Kellen can improve. Everyone wants the same thing here. The Jets to win a super bowl. So just remember that when you are calling out your fellow Jets fan.

This is not a playoff team.

Give Clemens the damn ball, let him start every game. The more reps he gets in actual games, the better. He must start every game from this point on. Gear him up for our "post 2008" superbowl run.

To not do so, would be a crime.

The schedule gets softer the next few weeks. Ankles typically take more than one week to heal. Kellen should get a chance again next week.

Personally I would like to see him get the year. THis team is painful to watch because they can't handle the line of scrimmage either way. At least with a kid at QB you have something to root for!

The schedule gets softer the next few weeks. Ankles typically take more than one week to heal. Kellen should get a chance again next week.

Personally I would like to see him get the year. THis team is painful to watch because they can't handle the line of scrimmage either way. At least with a kid at QB you have something to root for!

Great point!

I'm on the fence here guys. I want to win as many games as we can, but I want to build for the future also.

Think about the big picture. That should give you the answer you are seeking.

2007 is a rebuilding year. Put in Clemens now. This way we dont need to go through big growing pains with him when we arent in a rebuilding year (2009 and beyond).

Putting Clemens in now takes care of both.

Well, we do have the Dolphins next, who are also have 2 losses. after thinking about it I would start Clemens next week. I know that isn't going to be a popular choice, but if the Jets win I don't think many would mind that much. Clemens did throw for over 200 yards today.

I think theres more than a few here that see it that way Coach. I was hoping KC was going to get a chance last few games last year but no way that was happening with a play-off bid possible. Clemens showed what I was hoping he would today - that he could make some passes that Chad will never make. He's going to step on his member for awhile on a lot of the symantics that Chad is so frikin good at. The bad part is he won't quit making those mistakes by working them off in practice, he's got to have 4 guys trying to twist his head off in a real game. I guess the question becomes when do we bite the bullet and let him take some more lumps like he did for the first 3 quarters today.

Honestly...

We're not winning the SB this year.

Clemens is the future of the team, and he looked worthy of that title today.

Let him get up to speed this season.

Get some O-Line/D-Line help in the draft/FA

Win the Super Bowl within a few years.

Archived