The non-permit parking deal

JetCane

So I went yesterday and did the non-parking permit parking thing.

Really, I have to say it didnt suck, though it is kind of an inconvenience and everyone felt a little bit put out by the whole thing.

But the buses going to the stadium were all lined up and got us there in just a few minutes. They also didnt hassle people who brought coolers on to the bus. They dump you a ways from where i had to meet Cant Hackett at 5H, but I didnt mind walking thru the tailgating and seeing all the fans partying.

Going back, i think i got one of the last buses, since i hung out for a little while at the Harley Tailgate (awesome food! thank you, and it was great seeing everyone). I would have liked to have stayed longer, but the last bus leaves 1 1/2 hours after the game, so i had to head out before i really wanted to.

I guess the trick is the same as in general: get there early and leave late.

So I went yesterday and did the non-parking permit parking thing.

Really, I have to say it didnt suck, though it is kind of an inconvenience and everyone felt a little bit put out by the whole thing.

But the buses going to the stadium were all lined up and got us there in just a few minutes. They also didnt hassle people who brought coolers on to the bus. They dump you a ways from where i had to meet Cant Hackett at 5H, but I didnt mind walking thru the tailgating and seeing all the fans partying.

Going back, i think i got one of the last buses, since i hung out for a little while at the Harley Tailgate (awesome food! thank you, and it was great seeing everyone). I would have liked to have stayed longer, but the last bus leaves 1 1/2 hours after the game, so i had to head out before i really wanted to.

I guess the trick is the same as in general: get there early and leave late.

It was nice meeting you yesterday, JC.

I have to say that you were much more patient waiting to go on the bus after the game than some others, who wanted to leave immediately after the game and waited on long lines and said it sucked.

Good meeting you too, BP.

i enjoyed comparing notes with you on the various messgae boards, LOL.

I guess it has to be more of a hassle when you try to leave at the same time as everyone else, so I figured the best way was to wait it out until most of the crowd dispersed.

I still hit the same amount of congestion as usual as i neared the Lincoln Tunnel, and i got a little screwed with some gridlock coming out of the tunnel into midtown, but that had nothing to do with the bus thing.

Archived