Lets say they all leave... Yankees 08 lineup

uart

riight.

Lowell, like I said is a good hitter. Not great, he's good. He'll get you around 20 HR's and anywhere from 85-95 rbi's most likely. He also plays a flawless 3rd base.

What about that argument bothers you?

Nothing bothers me. I just pointed out the fact that he's a completely different player away from fenway which you have no responce for. He's a 33 year old coming off the best year of his career because of a small ballpark. Thats the DEFINITION of buying at an apex and makes zero sense for the yankees.

Nothing bothers me. I just pointed out the fact that he's a completely different player away from fenway which you have no responce for. He's a 33 year old coming off the best year of his career because of a small ballpark. Thats the DEFINITION of buying at an apex and makes zero sense for the yankees.

Of course Fenway inflates his stats. He's still a pretty solid hitter though and is arguably the best defensive 3rd baseman in baseball. A 3 year deal isnt a bad move.

WHO RIGHT NOW IS A BETTER ALTERNATIVE?

Youre also basically saying we shouldnt resign Posada either.

Of course Fenway inflates his stats. He's still a pretty solid hitter though and is arguably the best defensive 3rd baseman in baseball. A 3 year deal isnt a bad move.

WHO RIGHT NOW IS A BETTER ALTERNATIVE?

Youre also basically saying we shouldnt resign Posada either.

There is no FA who makes sense. If a trade isn't available the yankees are better off putting betemit at 3rd.

As for posada he's had 3 great years in a row (on the road AND at home) and any deal with him comes with the proviso that he'll be a 1B sooner than later.

There is no FA who makes sense. If a trade isn't available the yankees are better off putting betemit at 3rd.

As for posada he's had 3 great years in a row (on the road AND at home) and any deal with him comes with the proviso that he'll be a 1B sooner than later.

Well then we disagree. I'd prefer to sign Lowell for 3 years than play Betemit.

Judging by your past ideas, I'd consider the Yankees blessed that you arent either.

Hell, you still think Giambi is a good player.

And you think that someone who is top 40 off all time in OPS, OBP and SLG sucks. LMAO. But you know better than cold hard facts don't you... I mean you watch the games. You must know.

And you think that someone who is top 40 off all time in OPS, OBP and SLG sucks. LMAO. But you know better than cold hard facts don't you... I mean you watch the games. You must know.

You couldnt give Giambi away right now. Give him away. Thats all you need to know about him.

LOL @ anyone thinking Giambi's any good at this point. LMAO.

You couldnt give Giambi away right now. Give him away. Thats all you need to know about him.

LOL @ anyone thinking Giambi's any good at this point. LMAO.

Funny how people were spewing this crap before the 05 season too and Giambi was one of the best players in baseball that year and the next one.

Says who? The saber geeks?

Giambi hasnt been one of the best players in baseball since Oakland.

Yeah his 975 and 971 OPS's in 05 and 06 were horrible. I mean the yankees should kick him and his 440 OBP out the window for nothing. And you call me a moron...

Yeah his 975 and 971 OPS's in 05 and 06 were horrible. I mean the yankees should kick him and his 440 OBP out the window for nothing. And you call me a moron...

He cant drive the ball to the gaps. He cant run. He cant play the field. He cant hit the opposite way.

He walks a lot, great. He cant run. He's one of the slowest players in baseball. OBP doesnt mean nearly as much when you can barely move.

Other than that, those numbers look great!

He cant drive the ball to the gaps. He cant run. He cant play the field. He cant hit the opposite way.

He walks a lot, great. He cant run. He's one of the slowest players in baseball. OBP doesnt mean nearly as much when you can barely move.

Other than that, those numbers look great!

See, now you're gettin' it. When you find a player you like, just dismiss all the negatives and act as if only the positives are present. When you don't like a player you do the complete opposite. Dismiss his positive contributions as being "luck" or "too small of a sample size" then you will have mastered saberbetrics.;)

Archived