If the Yanks win a title or two in the next several years...

NIGHT STALKER

It won't be AROD that brings them to the top of the mountain...it will be the young guns the Yanks have in their stable...and that all hinges on those guys living up to their billing. Now, if we happen to lose one of those young pitchers in a trade with Minny for Santana, I'm all for it. But, not more than one of the trio of Chamberlian, Hughes and Kennedy and hopefully not Chamberlain.

Now, that's not to say AROD won't be a contributing factor in those titles, he more than likely will...but, it will be the pitching that brings these Yankee teams in the near future a title(s).

And for you guys that like to bash AROD...just take a look at Posada's numbers in postseason. I'm not saying I don't want Posada back, I do. But, he's not the same player in postseason either.

Posada's Average for the postseason...

12 Divsion Series/.263

6 Championship Series/.222

5 World Series/.208

Post Season Average/.236

So, let's not just blame AROD because he makes the most...Posada ain't making chicken feed here.

It won't be AROD that brings them to the top of the mountain...it will be the young guns the Yanks have in their stable...and that all hinges on those guys living up to their billing. Now, if we happen to lose one of those young pitchers in a trade with Minny for Santana, I'm all for it. But, not more than one of the trio of Chamberlian, Hughes and Kennedy and hopefully not Chamberlain.

Now, that's not to say AROD won't be a contributing factor in those titles, he more than likely will...but, it will be the pitching that brings these Yankee teams in the near future a title(s).

And for you guys that like to bash AROD...just take a look at Posada's numbers in postseason. I'm not saying I don't want Posada back, I do. But, he's not the same player in postseason either.

12 Divsion Series/.263

5 World Series/.208

Post Season Average/.236

So, let's not just blame AROD because he makes the most...Posada ain't making chicken feed here.

In the past week and a half (assuming the Yanks sign Mariano), the Yanks will have designated over a third of a billion dollars on three players.

I don't see them going after Santana after this is done.

In the past week and a half (assuming the Yanks sign Mariano), the Yanks will have designated over a third of a billion dollars on three players.

I don't see them going after Santana after this is done.

Scott, did you ever think they would be in the middle of negotiating a contract with AROD after the fiasco a few weeks ago? You just never know when it comes to the Yankees.

Scott, did you ever think they would be in the middle of negotiating a contract with AROD after the fiasco a few weeks ago? You just never know when it comes to the Yankees.

The Yankees also have a "budget".

You don't get to be a well run organization without one.

Given that, and what they are spending on a new stadium, I don't see how Sanatana could be included on any wish list.

Like you said though, anything can happen.

12 Divsion Series/.263

5 World Series/.208

Post Season Average/.236

Good post. There are a lot of idiots who ignore the fact that Arod is not the only one who disappeared in the post season. Hell, EVERYBODY did.

Archived