A couple of us are going - no formal plans just going to look for the best places to hang out. If you want to suggest a good place to meet.

I'm from this area and, as you'll see, the area around Texas Stadium, for the most part, sucks. If any fellow Jets brethren want to meet up outside the Stadium, I'd suggest some places on Northwest Hwy, which is pretty close to Texas Stadium. There's a Chili's, Bennigan's and Whitmore's Sports Bar, which is inside the Radisson Hotel. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do.

A couple of us are staying in a Marriott in Los Colinas- any suggestions around there also

Actually, Las Colinas is Irving. If you're staying at the Marriott I'm thinking of, you're in between 114 and Northwest Hwy.

Here's a map (of sorts) to give you a good idea of the area. Where you're staying, should be in the upper left side of the map.

my.php?image=mapfd0.jpg

You're still pretty close to Northwest Hwy. Hope this helps.

Actually, Las Colinas is Irving. If you're staying at the Marriott I'm thinking of, you're in between 114 and Northwest Hwy.

Here's a map (of sorts) to give you a good idea of the area. Where you're staying, should be in the upper left side of the map.

my.php?image=mapfd0.jpg

You're still pretty close to Northwest Hwy. Hope this helps.

Any good sports bars in that area?

Any good sports bars in that area?

I've only been to one sports bar in the area and that's Whitmore's which is located in the Radisson. It's ok, kinda small, but nicer than other bars in the area. The only other sports bar I know of is Cowboy Bar and Grill on N MacArthur Blvd. But it's not exactly close. Like I said, the area around Texas Stadium is kind of slummy. Be prepared, though. Drunken redneck, bandwagon jumping Cowboy fans aren't the most plesant lot to be around.

Archived