Where was this defense in the first 9 games?

And why can we not play like this for all 16 games? Why do the Jets always, no matter who is under center or who the head coach is, why must the Jets always look great one game and like **** the next? We need consistency. Hopefully they can keep this going and with improvments on both sides of the ball this team can look foward to a competitve season again in 2008.

just wait for the last 4 games. We'll be on a nice winning streak, pick up some solid D/O linemen in the offseason and in 08 we will be right with the BB-less Patriots.

You gotta love Ellis lining up at OLB a few times. That was certainly interesting. Possible look the remainder of the year?

This game gave me more confidence in the Dec.16th match-up against the team from up north.

You gotta love Ellis lining up at OLB a few times. That was certainly interesting. Possible look the remainder of the year?

This game gave me more confidence in the Dec.16th match-up against the team from up north.

I'd be happy to see Ellis play every line backer role. He's pretty quick/fast, plug him in the middle on 3rd and short and tell him to knock a guard on their back. I think he can get it done.

I just hope we can keep it close with the pats the next time around. I have a feeling the Steelers will beat the **** out of them.

124 it's a tough question but i would say the following reasons made yesterday different

-Ellis as OLB, already discussed on this thread

-Bowens over Hobson - the guy got real pressure

-Devito, Pouha and Mosley rotated in early and often, left Drob fresh for 2nd half

-Rhodes made a couple plays.

and maybe most importantly:

-defense played with a lead or tied almost all game. when your offense can control the ball and put points up it makes all the difference in the defensive mindset.

D-Rob lining up at end was a great idea, it just really makes me wonder why the **** mangini didn't try this stuff sooner. Harris ahs given the d a real spark whereas revis just seems to be getting better and better. With a few changes this could actually be quite a strong group next season.

The only thing that really bugs me is that this is very similar to what we saw last year. After the bye week they had a new Defense. They gave up the fewest points in the second half of last year. The difference being that they played a little better in the first half in '06 and won a few close games that they lost this year. Let's hope that they plug some holes on both sides of the ball and START next season with the drive they had yesterday. I am not a big fan of it taking half a season to figure out what to do with the team you have. This year they already had the coaching staff together for a year. It's time to get a no nonsense D-Coordinator in here that demands that fire from day one. It would also help to bring someone to this staff that has some quality experience with winning. It seems like the D was soft for half of the season both years.

They have some very good players on this team to build around. They need to try to do half as good in free agency as they have done in the draft as well. Kenyon Coleman was a solid snag and TJ was a brilliant trade (considering they still got Harris in the 2nd Round). Elam has got some good fire and would like to see him stay at least in a rotational role. Besides that, there is not much to speak of besides the draft picks in the last few years. Let's hope they can play this way for the rest of the year and have a successful offseason with an upgrade at LG, RT, NT, OLB,CB, DE and wherever else they can. I'm hoping Stuckey can actually make it on the field next year or maybe they can use a speedy slot receiver as well. I like Brad Smith a lot but he is not an incredible downfield threat.

124 it's a tough question but i would say the following reasons made yesterday different

-Ellis as OLB, already discussed on this thread

-Bowens over Hobson - the guy got real pressure

-Devito, Pouha and Mosley rotated in early and often, left Drob fresh for 2nd half

-Rhodes made a couple plays.

and maybe most importantly:

-defense played with a lead or tied almost all game. when your offense can control the ball and put points up it makes all the difference in the defensive mindset.

I thought that was the switch, but couldn't tell if i was just missing Captain Average out there. Hobson wouldn't even be starting at Michigan anymore, we need someone who offers something to the game. Bowens seems to offer good run support and pressure.

GOOD BYE VICTOR HOBSON!

Archived