Brian Giles

AFJF

This is a guy the Yankees should target...I know he doesn't play CF but he's goog enough in the corner spots that I'd feel better with him in CF than Bernie or Womack.

Since moving to the new park in SD his numbers have dropped significantly and there is no denying that it is directly related to the new stadium.

Prior to last season, Giles was 2nd to Barry Bonds in OPS.

His splits this year

Home: .223 2 HR 8 RBI

Away: .338 7 HR 32 RBI

These numbers are in virtually the same number of ABs, 130 and 139 respectively.

The guy is 34 which isn't what it used to be. Players who keep themselves in shape nowaday (and Giles does) tend to play well in to their late 30's which tells me the guy could reasonably have 4-5 more great seasons.

His lack of production could make him available...they need a 2B so the deal would include Womack and I have no problem parting with Eric "I think I'm Drew Henson" Duncan.

Duncan may have "potential" but as it is now the guy is absolutely stinking it up in AA. He can't hit AA pitching (.250 with 71 Ks) :shock: and I'm supposed to believe he's going to be in the Bronx in a couple of years? Spare me.

Womack, Duncan and cash. I dont know that it would be enough to get Giles but it's a start. Even throw in that kid Matt Jones who's hitting .311 with 19 HRs in AAA and hit 39 HRs in AA last year. Not sure why the guy hasn't gotten a shot yet but if he's producing like that in AAA somebody should be willing to let him play in the bigs.

Since testing his number have dropped. Kinda been through all this with Giambi. Pass.

Did you not look at the numbers I posted??? .328 on the road with 4 times the number of HRs he has on the road? Put him in Yankee Stadium and you'd see a dramatic increase in his offensive production.

He may not be available, but I'd love to get Darin Erstad in here. Bat him leadoff, stick him at 1st base.

It doesn't fix the outfield.

Question:

Why did Erstad switch to 1st base after being a gold glove outfielder? Too much wear and tear?? :?

He may not be available, but I'd love to get Darin Erstad in here. Bat him leadoff, stick him at 1st base.

It doesn't fix the outfield.

Question:

Why did Erstad switch to 1st base after being a gold glove outfielder? Too much wear and tear?? :?

Not sure but I think he had a couple of injuries and the Angels didn't want to risk a high draft pick with that kind of potential so they switched him.

Archived