POST GAME LOOK AND 2008 JETS

nylarry

Another terrible loss..they all seem the same every week..

1. Penny wont be here next season..make sure we get something for him

2. Dbrick cannot play left tackle...try him on the right side

3. we need at least 3 new starters on the OL next season

4. The defense looks ok,,we just need a nose guard,,Robertson should be trade bait for sure

5. Cleo Lemon is a free agent next season,,would we bring in here and draft a QB also

5. Leon washington needs to touch the ball at least 12 times a game,,whats up with Brian?

6. I would consdier getting rid of Brian,,his play calling has been poor all season

7.Vilma and McCareins wont be here next season

8. Jets do not roll out the qb enough especially with that putrid OL

9. Jets made a big mistake not giving that OL man the 1 million dollar in the summer,,he went to Redskins

Vilma will most likely be here. You think anyone will give a good draft choice for a guy who had knee surgery?

DBrick isn't horrible, its tough when he has no inside help. He could possibly go to right tackle, but doubtful.

Cleo Lemon?? Are you kidding me?

yea that was another one of the Adam Schein predictions from SNY's post game-Cleo Lemon credits Brian Schottenheimer for saving his career and he could see him being our b/u QB

Another terrible loss..they all seem the same every week..

1. Penny wont be here next season..make sure we get something for him

2. Dbrick cannot play left tackle...try him on the right side

3. we need at least 3 new starters on the OL next season

4. The defense looks ok,,we just need a nose guard,,Robertson should be trade bait for sure

5. Cleo Lemon is a free agent next season,,would we bring in here and draft a QB also

5. Leon washington needs to touch the ball at least 12 times a game,,whats up with Brian?

6. I would consdier getting rid of Brian,,his play calling has been poor all season

7.Vilma and McCareins wont be here next season

8. Jets do not roll out the qb enough especially with that putrid OL

9. Jets made a big mistake not giving that OL man the 1 million dollar in the summer,,he went to Redskins

In response....

1. Penny prob wont be here and at best we should get a 3rd round pick for him if we dont package someone else.

2. D'brick wont be moved, hes our left tackle and he will be for years, deal with it. He gets a lot of attention because he was a 4th overall draft pick, he has improved and will continue to do so.

3. Dbrick, Mangold and Moore will be here for awhile.

4. I dont think Robertson is really the problem, I think he has played his a$$ off in the second half of the season. Robertson seems to be learning the system, we need another corner to play along side Revis is what we need.

5. Cleo Lemon is a joke keep him as far away from here as possible and drafting a QB high would make me puke. We havent given Kellen a true chance yet to succeed.

6. Leon does indeed need to touch the ball more, I'm sure that will be a point of emphasis in the offseason.

7.Shotty isnt going anywhere, he has had some questionable moments this year without a doubt, especially the lack of Thomas Jones use and the fades into the endzone..allll the time.

8. JMac wont be here, he should be thrown to the sharks. Vilma is a 50/50 in my eyes. I can see teams like Detroit and Cincy calling about him. His rehab is ahead of schedule and in a 4-3 system he is arguably top 5 in the NFL. Teams will give a 1st round pick for him, at worst a 2nd.

9. Penny is the 2nd least athletic QB in the nfl next to leftwich so rolling out means death for him. Kellen didnt roll out much either, but if he did he would probably have 15 picks instead of 10, his mechanics are awful right now, but they'll get better.

10. Mangini did not want to be underminded and shipped Kendall off to Wash, it was the 1st of many dumb moves he made this season. It was deff a huge reason to our lack of success.

In response....

1. Penny prob wont be here and at best we should get a 3rd round pick for him if we dont package someone else.

2. D'brick wont be moved, hes our left tackle and he will be for years, deal with it. He gets a lot of attention because he was a 4th overall draft pick, he has improved and will continue to do so.

3. Dbrick, Mangold and Moore will be here for awhile.

4. I dont think Robertson is really the problem, I think he has played his a$$ off in the second half of the season. Robertson seems to be learning the system, we need another corner to play along side Revis is what we need.

5. Cleo Lemon is a joke keep him as far away from here as possible and drafting a QB high would make me puke. We havent given Kellen a true chance yet to succeed.

6. Leon does indeed need to touch the ball more, I'm sure that will be a point of emphasis in the offseason.

7.Shotty isnt going anywhere, he has had some questionable moments this year without a doubt, especially the lack of Thomas Jones use and the fades into the endzone..allll the time.

8. JMac wont be here, he should be thrown to the sharks. Vilma is a 50/50 in my eyes. I can see teams like Detroit and Cincy calling about him. His rehab is ahead of schedule and in a 4-3 system he is arguably top 5 in the NFL. Teams will give a 1st round pick for him, at worst a 2nd.

9. Penny is the 2nd least athletic QB in the nfl next to leftwich so rolling out means death for him. Kellen didnt roll out much either, but if he did he would probably have 15 picks instead of 10, his mechanics are awful right now, but they'll get better.

10. Mangini did not want to be underminded and shipped Kendall off to Wash, it was the 1st of many dumb moves he made this season. It was deff a huge reason to our lack of success.

Our biggest defensive need: Pass rusher and NT

Biggest offensive need: LG and RT

As for the Kendall trade, he was a goner after this season anyway. Sure, maybe if we didnt get rid of him we'd finish 6-10 or 7-9 instead of 3-13 or 4-12, but in the end it really does not mean that much. We need to find someone that can lock up that position for the next 5-10 years anyway.

Archived