islanders vs Senators

NYjet10

ok...i'll jump in here so you aren't talking to yourself in this thread all night...

2-0 best team in hockey....hint, it's not the Isles

P.S.-please come up with something different than NJ Swamps, they don't play there no more. and please don't even try to make some reference to crime in Newark, Roosevelt and Hempstead are a stones throw from Uniondale and I wouldn't walk through either one at night!

ok...i'll jump in here so you aren't talking to yourself in this thread all night...

2-0 best team in hockey....hint, it's not the Isles

P.S.-please come up with something different than NJ Swamps, they don't play there no more. and please don't even try to make some reference to crime in Newark, Roosevelt and Hempstead are a stones throw from Uniondale and I wouldn't walk through either one at night!

potvin-large.jpg

This is Islander fans comeback chant

Rag Fan- Potvin Sucks!!!

Isle fan- 4 straight cups!!!

lets see from 1980-85 Potvin led us to 4 straight cups while your team did SH!T!!!

Potvin has to be better than messier leadership wise. It take a true captain to win four cups let alone in a row. While your captain got you your first cup in 64 years,but I guess thats an incredible feat considering your teams status before 94.

This is Islander fans comeback chant

Rag Fan- Potvin Sucks!!!

Isle fan- 4 straight cups!!!

lets see from 1980-85 Potvin led us to 4 straight cups while your team did SH!T!!!

Potvin has to be better than messier leadership wise. It take a true captain to win four cups let alone in a row. While your captain got you your first cup in 64 years,but I guess thats an incredible feat considering your teams status before 94.

just when I thought you couldn't post anything dumber...please look up messier's career before you post.

believe me, I don't like messier 1 bit, but Potvin isn't a pimple on his ass.

just when I thought you couldn't post anything dumber...please look up messier's career before you post.

believe me, I don't like messier 1 bit, but Potvin isn't a pimple on his ass.

I said Potvin is a better player leader wise not STAT wise. I know messier has better stats then Potvin.

I said Potvin is a better player leader wise not STAT wise. I know messier has better stats then Potvin.

messier is the best leader/captain in hockey if not sports history. and I DO NOT LIKE HIM, so it pains me to say it.

also, as far as your Islanders are an offensive team...they are last in the league in goals scored...LAST!!! 'nuff said.

Comparing Potvin to Messier is like comparing Pennington to Brady. Its not even close.

Oh and enjoy those four straight cups. Too bad your franchise has done nothing else.

What has your franchise done? Oh yeah you won a cup in 94, and it was your first in 64 years. You also spend all this cash on guys who dont get it done in the big city. Tom Renney is completley overrated,while Ted Nolan gets no credit for what he has done to this team,the same goes for Snow.

I guarantee when you look at what direction these teams are going in the Islanders will win a cup before the rangers. The rags are an old team. Too many old leaders that will retire in the next 3 years. You have no good young guys on your team except for maybe Callahan. While the islanders oldest guy is Guerin,and he will retire when his contract is up in two years. We have a very young team,and a bright future. Okposo,Frigen,Hilbert,Park,Gervais,Campoli,Bergenheim,Johnson,and Comeau. They will all be stars within the next 3 years while in the next 3 years the rags will be rebuiliding, because they will lose too many old guys to retirement, and lack of young guns. To me the rags have this year,and potentially next year to win a cup, but when the 2009-10 season comes you rangers will have nothing and it will take another 6 years for you guys to even be considered contenders,and by the time that comes the islanders will have 2 cups,2 eastern conference championships we will also have 3 division titles. Then when you guys start getting better in the next 6 years our young guns will be solid veterans! Who will continue to play competitively we may even get a third cup by the time those guys retire.

did I mention you guys are in danger of your goalie leaving for FA and getting big money somewhere else, because right now Henry is having his best season, and its all to get more money somewhere else. That will be the start of you debacle. Quite frankly I said you have potentially nex tyear to win a cup,bt if Henry leaves then you have 0 chance next year.

Our goalie situation is pretty da** good!!!

What has your franchise done? Oh yeah you won a cup in 94, and it was your first in 64 years. You also spend all this cash on guys who dont get it done in the big city. Tom Renney is completley overrated,while Ted Nolan gets no credit for what he has done to this team,the same goes for Snow.

I guarantee when you look at what direction these teams are going in the Islanders will win a cup before the rangers. The rags are an old team. Too many old leaders that will retire in the next 3 years. You have no good young guys on your team except for maybe Callahan. While the islanders oldest guy is Guerin,and he will retire when his contract is up in two years. We have a very young team,and a bright future. Okposo,Frigen,Hilbert,Park,Gervais,Campoli,Bergenheim,Johnson,and Comeau. They will all be stars within the next 3 years while in the next 3 years the rags will be rebuiliding, because they will lose too many old guys to retirement, and lack of young guns. To me the rags have this year,and potentially next year to win a cup, but when the 2009-10 season comes you rangers will have nothing and it will take another 6 years for you guys to even be considered contenders,and by the time that comes the islanders will have 2 cups,2 eastern conference championships we will also have 3 division titles. Then when you guys start getting better in the next 6 years our young guns will be solid veterans! Who will continue to play competitively we may even get a third cup by the time those guys retire.

did I mention you guys are in danger of your goalie leaving for FA and getting big money somewhere else, because right now Henry is having his best season, and its all to get more money somewhere else. That will be the start of you debacle. Quite frankly I said you have potentially nex tyear to win a cup,bt if Henry leaves then you have 0 chance next year.

The chances of Lundqvuist leaving are as likely as the Isles getting a real arena.

And looking over the NHL landscape, far more likely Alex Ovechkin will someday soon be wearing a blue jersey on 33rd and 7th, unless the currency crisis chases him (and a whole host of Euro players, possibly) back across the Atlantic. His contract lines up right around the time Jagr's deal comes off the books after next season.

Messier is widely regarded as the best leader in the history of hockey, and one of the best in any sport. We're all begging you to STFU. You're lack of hockey knowledge hurts our brains.

I just have to emphasize that one line. Apparently you've never heard of Lundqvist, Marc Staal, Scott Gomez, Chris Drury, Dan Girardi, Fedor Tyutin, Brandon Dubinsky, or Nigel Dawes. Not to mention we have guys like Bobby Sanguinetti and Artem Anisimov on the way up.

And you must be on PCP if you actually think the Islanders are going to be winning 2 cups in the next 6 years, or whatever the ***** it was you were trying to say there. See thing about your posts is you seem to have the writing ability of a 5-year old, so that really doesn't help your cause.

Also, it's funny that you call Renney completely overrated. Nobody will confuse him with Scotty Bowman, but he's taken this Rangers team to the playoffs twice in 2 years, and it will probably be 3 times after this year. And this was after the Rangers had been a laughing stock of the NHL for nearly a decade before that. These players clearly like playing for Renney and there must be something appealing about him if he has both Jaromir Jagr and Brendan Shanahan playing for him, 2 of the greatest players of all time.

Also Henrik Lundqvist is not going anywhere. DiPietro will contine playing second fiddle out on the Island where nobody watches him anyway.

I just have to emphasize that one line. Apparently you've never heard of Lundqvist, Marc Staal, Scott Gomez, Chris Drury, Dan Girardi, Fedor Tyutin, Brandon Dubinsky, or Nigel Dawes. Not to mention we have guys like Bobby Sanguinetti and Artem Anisimov on the way up.

And you must be on PCP if you actually think the Islanders are going to be winning 2 cups in the next 6 years, or whatever the ***** it was you were trying to say there. See thing about your posts is you seem to have the writing ability of a 5-year old, so that really doesn't help your cause.

Also, it's funny that you call Renney completely overrated. Nobody will confuse him with Scotty Bowman, but he's taken this Rangers team to the playoffs twice in 2 years, and it will probably be 3 times after this year. And this was after the Rangers had been a laughing stock of the NHL for nearly a decade before that. These players clearly like playing for Renney and there must be something appealing about him if he has both Jaromir Jagr and Brendan Shanahan playing for him, 2 of the greatest players of all time.

Also Henrik Lundqvist is not going anywhere. DiPietro will contine playing second fiddle out on the Island where nobody watches him anyway.

Hey Terence, thanks for doing my work for me to shut the little 13 year old brat up.

See you Tomorrow? We're sitting 1st row much like Buffalo 2005. If you're their to tailgate, you know where we'll be. :cheers:

Comparing Potvin to Messier is like comparing Pennington to Brady. Its not even close.

Oh and enjoy those four straight cups. Too bad your franchise has done nothing else.

Potvin and Messier are both hall of famers, have won multiple stanley cups, and are perhaps the top 5 at their respective positions. So if you dont think the comparison is valid, fine, but it certainly is more valid than comparing Pennington to Brady. That was a STUPID analogy.

As for your second sentence: You do realize the blewskirts have 1 stanley cup in the last 67 years, correct?

Yea some reign of dominance there at MSG.

Potvin and Messier are both hall of famers and perhaps the top 5 at their respective positions. So if you dont think the comparison is valid, fine, but it certainly is more valid than comparing Pennington to Brady. That was a STUPID analogy.

As for your second sentence: You do realize the blewskirts have 1 stanley cup in the last 67 years, correct?

Yea some reign of dominance there at MSG.

You give them two big signings plus jagr and shannahan and they think they won the stanley cup.

No, but we are better than the red headed step children out on Traffic Island.

Just to clear something up you guys are 2 points ahead of us,and we have 2 games at hand. In case you dont understand what that means if you lose a game on the night the isles win then were tid,and th eislanders have the tiebreaker. Or because of the 2 games at hand a night when the islanders play and the rags dont then the isles can tie you. So the islanders have the advantage.

oh yeah how are you guys better when the season series is 4-1-0 Islanders?

Just to clear something up you guys are 2 points ahead of us,and we have 2 games at hand. In case you dont understand what that means if you lose a game on the night the isles win then were tid,and th eislanders have the tiebreaker. Or because of the 2 games at hand a night when the islanders play and the rags dont then the isles can tie you. So the islanders have the advantage.

oh yeah how are you guys better when the season series is 4-1-0 Islanders?

You guys are only beating us 3-1 and your not gonna beat us again. You were lucky you even got those 3 wins so be happy with that. Don't you pay attention in 7th grade math? lol. Anyways it doesnt matter where you are now because you will be in last place come April.

Also we have Alexei Cherepanov and Michael Sauer on the way up as well. We also have Al Montoya to use a trade bait to potentially land a star player. Yea but we have no talent NYJet10 seriously go do your damn homework.

Also we have Alexei Cherepanov and Michael Sauer on the way up as well. We also have Al Montoya to use a trade bait to potentially land a star player. Yea but we have no talent NYJet10 seriously go do your damn homework.

Off from school this week and a half:)

Archived