Hope for a pessimist?

DonCorleone

Most of you know that I have absolutely killed Mangini from the start of the pre season to the last snap of the season.

My complaints varied from soft run defense, to why is DRob still at NT when he was inadequate in 2006? To why is Vilma still there?, Why is our line so weak and so on..

As the anguish from this past season is starting to fade, I also realize that considering all the lack of talent and the wrong players playing the wrong positions, we played many close games which were decided by one or two plays. Many of those games we should have won.

I guess that my hope come from the possibility of a new DC, to Tangini making better acquisitions to the most unlikely scenario of Woody maybe opening his pockets a bit to acquire actual NFL talent.

We had so many...but so many holes yet, we were so close in many of the games, can we actually turn it around next year? Since I do not question Mangini X's and 0's ability, can we hope that he has learned about square pegs in round holes?

I don't think that it is completely impossible, After all....we did turn the defense around once Mangini took over some of the calls after the bye. Better personnel, a real DC and some learning from the coaches could bring something to fruition. How long till August?

Archived