Tom Gordon

Barton

I was worried as hell when I saw the highlest of him walking off the field. I dunno why he was even pitching with a 5 run lead, but thats another issue.

Anyways, it doesn't sound serious. Its his shoulder, THANK GOD IT WAS NOT HIS THROWING ELBOW. He would have been done if it was his elbow. Remember he had massive elbow surgery few years ago.

Anyways, the shoulder was accorinding to Gordon and Torre, "alittle stiff/not loose enough", so they correctly shut him down. Gordon thinks it might have to do with him sleeping on it wrong the night before. This happens, I've done it before with my throwing shoulder. I'm gonna assume we won't see him until after the all-star break.

In the meantime, what about Harold Reynolds claiming Yankees 2nd rd pick, texas closer of the year award winner, J Brent Cox, being ready to pitch in the majors. His slider is NAAAAAAAASTY, but he can tend to get in jams but finds his way to wiggle out unharmed. Not a great fastball, around low 90's, but I've read reports that once he can bulk up alittle, he might be able to hit the mid 90s.

Its good to know that, just in case Gordon would have been shutdown for the year, theres always a decent backup plan in the farm system.

Oh and heres to hoping Gordon is OK, because I sure as hell won't be happy if we trade Melky Cabrera for Eddie Guardado! [-X

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yankees setup man Tom Gordon left Thursday night's 7-2 win over Cleveland after three batters because of tightness in his pitching shoulder.

Gordon walked Victor Martinez, then struck out Ben Broussard and Ronnie Belliard before coming out. He is to have an MRI exam Friday.

"I'm not worried about it," Gordon said. "There's no pain at all, just some stiffness. I couldn't get loose the way I'd like to. I think I'm fine."

Yankees manager Joe Torre said Gordon woke up with tightness Thursday morning.

"I feel OK only because of what Flash told me, that he hadn't felt anything before today and the fact that he woke up this morning feeling it," Torre said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2102550

Archived