Richard Zednik cut badly in neck...

SweetLee83

In tonight Buffalo/Florida Panthers game, Panthers F Richard Zednik was cut by another players skate and was bleeding everywhere, it was really bad.

Hes in @ Buffalo General Hospital, and is out of surgery now and resting comfortably, great news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzU5z8byUkI&eurl=http://buffalorange.com/showthread.php?t=131014

That was reallly scary.

Especially for you guys who went through the Clint Malarchuk situation.

That was about as bad as it gets.

I'm really glad Zednik is going to be ok though.

I was in the aud the night Malarchuk got cut. NOT a pretty site at all. I was sitting in the upper blues but they had a small TV there where you could see the replays. Ugh. The incident Saturday with Zednik might have been worse cause Ro and I were watching at home in HD and you could just see the color drain out of Zedniks face. Not cool at all. I'm so glad he's going to be alright. As an interesting note the Sabres team doctor, Dr. Leslie Bisson, who help save Zednik was the 1st Bills team doctor to reach Kevin Everetts side last September.

I was in the aud the night Malarchuk got cut. NOT a pretty site at all. I was sitting in the upper blues but they had a small TV there where you could see the replays. Ugh. The incident Saturday with Zednik might have been worse cause Ro and I were watching at home in HD and you could just see the color drain out of Zedniks face. Not cool at all. I'm so glad he's going to be alright. As an interesting note the Sabres team doctor, Dr. Leslie Bisson, who help save Zednik was the 1st Bills team doctor to reach Kevin Everetts side last September.

I had heard that it was the same doctor. Unbelievable.

They were reporting on NHL Network the other night that the Sabres medical staff "practices" these type of catastrophic situations. Not only did they do an incredible job but the saved the man's life and that is the important thing.

Just a great job done by a great staff in what has become a great hockey town.

Archived