The New York Jets Will Draft Darren McFadden...

Ghost

Miami: Jake Long

St.Louis: Glen Dorsey

Atlanta: Matt Ryan

Oakland: Sedrick Ellis

Kansas City: Chris Long

New York: Darren McFadden

People don't understand how bright this man's future looks. He's a complete back and is very versatile. He can run, catch, pass, and even block. We have to do everything in our power to get this guy. A play maker is something we NEED!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you seriously kidding me ?

Your busting my balls...right ?

No, I'm not.

If Thomas Jones can run for 1,100+ behind the 2007 Offensive Line, a good Left Guard and good Right Tackle should help him up that yardage by a couple hundred, easily. Running Back is not a need for this team. Not a starting Running Back anyway. The Jets would be foolish to select one. I don't care about the potential, he hasn't proven jack and for all the needs the Jets have, they can't take a back in the 1st round. They just can't. If they do, Tangini should be canned automatically.

I was as high as anyone on DMC not too long ago. However, I have watched a lot more highlights of him and heard a lot more opinions on him and now TBH I’m not so sure. He doesn’t respond to contact too well, especially when it comes low (when people take his legs). He has a very small lower body and I doubt he’ll break many tackles in the NFL, he can shrug off guys who try and take him high but his legs seem to just die whenever he is hit low. That is a major concern IMO.

He also doesn’t have great moves, he has decent cuts and can make guys miss but it’s nothing too special. He’d be great in the open field but he’ll have trouble getting there. He’s got potential but he ain’t Adrian Peterson

No, I'm not.

If Thomas Jones can run for 1,100+ behind the 2007 Offensive Line, a good Left Guard and good Right Tackle should help him up that yardage by a couple hundred, easily. Running Back is not a need for this team. Not a starting Running Back anyway. The Jets would be foolish to select one. I don't care about the potential, he hasn't proven jack and for all the needs the Jets have, they can't take a back in the 1st round. They just can't. If they do, Tangini should be canned automatically.

I'm going to get bad rep for this, but our OL is not as bad as people think. Sure we can use a LG or a good RT, but in my eyes Darren McFadden will make this offense much much better. Why even think about OL ? We can easily pursue them via free agency. Darren McFadden will be our future back, we're not winning the SB next year, we both know that, but in the future we need McFadden.

Miami: Jake Long

St.Louis: Glen Dorsey

Atlanta: Matt Ryan

Oakland: Sedrick Ellis

Kansas City: Chris Long

New York: Darren McFadden

People don't understand how bright this man's future looks. He's a complete back and is very versatile. He can run, catch, pass, and even block. We have to do everything in our power to get this guy. A play maker is something we NEED!

that picture in your sig is the first and only time McFadden went to break a tackle in his entire college career. Too bad for him he was taken down with one hand like a little whiney girl.

McFadden = :cheergal:

I'm going to get bad rep for this, but our OL is not as bad as people think. Sure we can use a LG or a good RT, but in my eyes Darren McFadden will make this offense much much better. Why even think about OL ? We can easily pursue them via free agency. Darren McFadden will be our future back, we're not winning the SB next year, we both know that, but in the future we need McFadden.

I don't think I could rep someone who thinks our Offensive Line "wasn't as bad as people think". I think instead I'll just feel sorry for you. :shock:

Are you kidding me? Left Guard was an absolute disaster with Adrien Clarke / Will Montgomery in there and Right Tackle wasn't much better. I like Anthony Clement, and honestly wouldn't mind seeing him start in 2007 IF the Jets can upgrade the LG position considerably. You win games and championships by building the line and moving back. Either way, the Jets need at the very least a Left Guard and some serious depth. That is a big problem. If Ferguson or Mangold were to go down, who would step in? They need depth in the worst way.

McFadden isn't going to make this current line look any better than Thomas Jones or Leon Washington could. Could he make an exciting play or two each week? Sure, maybe, but look at the wonders thats done for the Saints. Reggie Bush hasn't turned out to be what he was supposed to be, and probably never will. I see the same for Darren McFadden, nothing special once he hits the pro's.

There is no reason to waste the sixth overall pick on a Running Back when the team has way too many holes. Yes, the Jets arn't going to be competiting for a championship baring an NFL miracle, but if they're building for the future they have to do through the lines.

that picture in your sig is the first and only time McFadden went to break a tackle in his entire college career. Too bad for him he was taken down with one hand like a little whiney girl.

McFadden = :cheergal:

drago, my friend, you hare a Hobson hater and a McFadden supporter. I can no lover call you "my friend".

;)

There is no use trying to convince them.. They all think that you just draft all o-lineman and you then have a great o-line.. Its called coaching my friends... A good o-line coach...we do have that in place now... Also yes we do need to draft one more but not with the top pick..we did that already and our teams o-line still not good.. we spent both first rounders..

Mcfadden is a beast..but you guys already know how I feel about us grabbing him.. I have no doubt if we take him..it will turn the franchise around.. not single handed but it will have a great impact on the team and its fans..

Draft Mcfadden!!

LOL, why would you get bad rep???

You are entitled to your opinion and TBH not too long ago I

Yeah FT, because great Offensive Line coaches would really fix the skills that obviously arn't there in the bodies of Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement. :shock: I'm so certain that if we added the best Offensive Line coach that heck, we could release Mangold and Ferguson and you and I could play Center and Left Tackle. ****, as long as we get good coaching, right? I'm 6'4 close to 300, I'll play LT, what are you? I'm sure we could beef you up if we need to to play C.

Heck, while we're at it. Max, you're our new LG, Thor, you're our new RG and IrishJet, you can take over Right Tackle. All we need to do is find the right coach, right, right!?

"Run DMC" = Run Bust.

I don't think I could rep someone who thinks our Offensive Line "wasn't as bad as people think". I think instead I'll just feel sorry for you. :shock:

Are you kidding me? Left Guard was an absolute disaster with Adrien Clarke / Will Montgomery in there and Right Tackle wasn't much better. I like Anthony Clement, and honestly wouldn't mind seeing him start in 2007 IF the Jets can upgrade the LG position considerably. You win games and championships by building the line and moving back. Either way, the Jets need at the very least a Left Guard and some serious depth. That is a big problem. If Ferguson or Mangold were to go down, who would step in? They need depth in the worst way.

McFadden isn't going to make this current line look any better than Thomas Jones or Leon Washington could. Could he make an exciting play or two each week? Sure, maybe, but look at the wonders thats done for the Saints. Reggie Bush hasn't turned out to be what he was supposed to be, and probably never will. I see the same for Darren McFadden, nothing special once he hits the pro's.

There is no reason to waste the sixth overall pick on a Running Back when the team has way too many holes. Yes, the Jets arn't going to be competiting for a championship baring an NFL miracle, but if they're building for the future they have to do through the lines.

We already did that sunshine. One player is probably a future HOF and the other one is a complete bust. We need some damn play makers, and this is our guy. Thomas Jones is not a play maker. Who the hell are you going to count on in the 4th quarter ?

I'm sick and tired of this stupid organization, go out and get some damn players.

You guys HAVE to be kidding me.

When you make comments like that..they HAVE to be joking.. He cant break tackles? oh ok.. but he does go head up on runs..I posted one video of him stiff arming some dudes helmet off his head..

Hes the best player in this draft..everyones number 1... except for mayock.. but he seems to like to be different and sound smart by going against everyone..

When you make comments like that..they HAVE to be joking.. He cant break tackles? oh ok.. but he does go head up on runs..I posted one video of him stiff arming some dudes helmet off his head..

Hes the best player in this draft..everyones number 1... except for mayock.. but he seems to like to be different and sound smart by going against everyone..

WTF are you talking about ? He seems to be smart ?

Yeah FT, because great Offensive Line coaches would really fix the skills that obviously arn't there in the bodies of Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement. :shock: I'm so certain that if we added the best Offensive Line coach that heck, we could release Mangold and Ferguson and you and I could play Center and Left Tackle. ****, as long as we get good coaching, right? I'm 6'4 close to 300, I'll play LT, what are you? I'm sure we could beef you up if we need to to play C.

Heck, while we're at it. Max, you're our new LG, Thor, you're our new RG and IrishJet, you can take over Right Tackle. All we need to do is find the right coach, right, right!?

"Run DMC" = Run Bust.

It's really funny how your talking about LG and RT, and in your other post your talking about getting Max Starks and Alan Faneca. Why can't we do that and draft Darren McFadden ? Ughhhhh!!!

Stupid would be drafting a damn Running Back with the sixth overall pick when the team needs a LG, RT, WR, NT, OLB and CB.

But no, lets take Darren McFadden who could potentially be a huge flop and ruin this franchise. Not to mention, heck, we won't address one of our huge holes in the 1st round. Drafting want over need has always been stupid. Follow the champions in how they draft. We all laughed when New England took Logan Mankins a few years ago, look how that one turned out, videotapes or not he's a Pro Bowl Left Guard.

Mangold a HOF'r? Not even close.

Ferguson a bust? Not even close either. He isn't great, but he isn't horrible. They all can't be HOF's in the Top 5, sorry to say. He's good, but he will never be great. Not at 290. He needs to find a way to put on 10-15lbs and keep it on. Also, he's only played two seasons, give him a break.

McFadden at 6 ruins this franchise. A trade down, Linebacker or Tackle helps this franchise.

Believe what you want, this thread is pointless when two of the posters believe McFadden is the next Jim Brown when really he's the next Blair Thomas.

Hopefully the Jets arn't so stupid.

It's really funny how your talking about LG and RT, and in your other post your talking about getting Max Starks and Alan Faneca. Why can't we do that and draft Darren McFadden ? Ughhhhh!!!

LG and RT fill only two of the holes we have. Running Back isn't a hole. If the Jets were somehow able to pick-up Starks and Faneca, then they should be looking at Vernon Gholston or a trade down at 6. Stockpiling picks and picking for need are what struggling teams / rebuilding teams must do. Winning teams can afford to pick the fancy name. The Jets cannot afford to do that.

For the record, Leon made that line look a helluva lot better than Jones ever did.

Exactly, now think about Darren McFadden.

If Thomas Jones is going to be our starting running back, we should bring back Barlow. WTF is the difference.

drago, my friend, you hare a Hobson hater and a McFadden supporter. I can no lover call you "my friend".

;)

No, no. I hate both equally. :)

for toon and ghost...i've made my opinions clear in my mock draft. I would like to see us take Ellis, Gholston (sort of), or trade down. WR in the first, DT or CB with the second first, a guard or tackle with the second and NT in the 3rd or 4th.

That is what I would like to see happen.

I stand by my statement that mcfadden is less a running back than Garb and Greengal. But lets be honest...GG can run.

For the record, Leon made that line look a helluva lot better than Jones ever did.

Sometimes. Leon ran well, but he only ran well in limited numbers. I'd like to see what he would do with 15 touches a game rather than 5-10. You know, the way it was in 2006? Why Schottenheimer shyed away from him in '07 is beyond me. I understand he was the star Kick Returner, but comeon. In the end, you need your Offensive weapons on the field as much as possible.

LG and RT fill only two of the holes we have. Running Back isn't a hole. If the Jets were somehow able to pick-up Starks and Faneca, then they should be looking at Vernon Gholston or a trade down at 6. Stockpiling picks and picking for need are what struggling teams / rebuilding teams must do. Winning teams can afford to pick the fancy name. The Jets cannot afford to do that.

You think we can rebuild in one single season ? There's still free agents we can pick up, and possibly trades. We're not going to win 6 games with out QB situation right now.

Sometimes. Leon ran well, but he only ran well in limited numbers. I'd like to see what he would do with 15 touches a game rather than 5-10. You know, the way it was in 2006? Why Schottenheimer shyed away from him in '07 is beyond me. I understand he was the star Kick Returner, but comeon. In the end, you need your Offensive weapons on the field as much as possible.

And who's that offensive weapon ?

I agree, but don't think any of the Long's are going to fall to us. If McFadden does, we HAVE to take him.

Gholsten sucks... I dont want an undersized d-lineman... but he has a great motor..yeah great... everyone is picking the jets to take gholsten because they think that is whats needed.. but alot of analysts say that would be a big reach at 6...

Most people on this board are like... "Dont take mcfadden" "Take jake long and build up a great o-line then take a riunning back later... but we cant do both at the same time? I dont get it?

Jake Long is amazing. He won't fall for us, not one bit.

This guy's work ethic puts him above a lot of players.

Gholsten sucks... I dont want an undersized d-lineman... but he has a great motor..yeah great... everyone is picking the jets to take gholsten because they think that is whats needed.. but alot of analysts say that would be a big reach at 6...

Its not a big reach, but he is a reach at six. However, the drop off from Gholston is considerable and therefore worth taking him at six. After him, its Quentin Groves and as much as I like him, he has fallen considerably. Gholston is an undersized 43 DLineman? Maybe. But he's perfect for the 34 OLB role.

OK, you obviously don

Archived