Jets interview Mario Urrutia

BroadwayJoe12

Coles isn't making our WR situation any better by complaining and i won't go into the specifics of this doesn't surprise me and how i dislike it, but I will just mention the news that we had interview Mario Urrutia at the combine.

I personally like the fact that they are looking at a potential red zone threat, considering we won't have any WR above 6 ft. once Jmac is cut. I know Mario is considered a bit on the slow side, but apparntly he's made some strides and looks to run in the 4.5s, which at his height shouldnt be too bad. He reminds me of Ernest Wilford who can make the tough catch and make a play after it using his physicallity. Potential 4th or lower?

A little scouting on him from the combine.

Mario Urrutia/WR/Louisville

- Measured in at 6 foot 5 and 3/8's inches tall and 232 pounds

- Currently working with Joe Flacco at his training facility. Does not see a noticeable difference in arm strength between the big armed Delaware quarterback and his former Louisville teammate Brian Brohm.

- Says teams expect him to run in the 4.6's during his 40 dashes, but has posted better times in his offseason workouts.

- When he applied to the Competition Committee before declaring, they graded the big receiver as a 4th round prospect.

- Has interviewed already with the Giants, Jets, Cowboys, and Dolphins.

Eh. Not impressed. Seemed like a good #2 in college, but played for an average team in a below average conference. Scout.com gave him 2 out of 5 stars. You can view his profile here: http://nyj.scout.com/a.z?s=65&p=8&c=1&nid=3054262&yr=2008

However, we also interviewed IU star Receiver James Hardy today. He''s also 6'6 220 and a great athelete who actually got to IU on a basketball scholorship but decided to play football instead.

Of the two WR's we've interviewed so far, one (Urrutia) will probably go late (4th/5th rd) and the other (Hardy) figures to go in the 1st or 2nd round.

Eh. Not impressed. Seemed like a good #2 in college, but played for an average team in a below average conference. Scout.com gave him 2 out of 5 stars. You can view his profile here: http://nyj.scout.com/a.z?s=65&p=8&c=1&nid=3054262&yr=2008

However, we also interviewed IU star Receiver James Hardy today. He''s also 6'6 220 and a great athelete who actually got to IU on a basketball scholorship but decided to play football instead.

Of the two WR's we've interviewed so far, one (Urrutia) will probably go late (4th/5th rd) and the other (Hardy) figures to go in the 1st or 2nd round.

Didn't see we interviewed harvey, that's awesome, he would be a fantastic addition to this team. However, he would also be a fantastic addition to the 31 other teams as well, but it's nice to know who we're looking at.

without a doubt.the jets should draft hardy if he is available in the second round.big receivers are the trend in the n.f.l.

Archived