NFLDraftcountdown- guys moving down

faba

Updated March 2nd, 2005

The following is not a projection of how I feel the draft will break down but merely a list of players who are losing some momentum at this point and may be falling in terms of where they will be chosen.

1. Maurice Clarett, RB, Ohio St.

Was gaining momentum at the Combine in interviews but running a horrid 4.8 forty which will push him down.

2. Elton Brown, OG, Virginia

Exhibited some bizarre behavior, dropping out of the Senior Bowl at the last minute and leaving the Combine.

3. Steve Savoy, WR, Utah

Known for his speed but running a 4.65 at the Scouting Combine does not help matters in the slightest.

4. Anttaj Hawthorne, DT, Wisconsin

No one thought he was super fast or athletic, but he was one of the slowest DL at the Combine with a 5.25 time.

5. Charles Frederick, WR, Washington

Coming off an injury riddled senior campaign this guy needed a big showing in Indy but only ran a 4.76.

6. Jamaal Brimmer, S, U.N.L.V.

Needed to answer questions about his coverage ability but he struggled at the Senior Bowl and then ran a 4.9.

7. Rob Petitti, OT, Pittsburgh

Showed up in Mobile out of shape, got hurt and then wasn't in top condition at the Combine either.

8. Brandon Browner, CB, Oregon St.

Needed to show his speed to project to corner at the next level but a 4.69 time may relagate him to safety.

9. Dan Orlovsky, QB, Connecticut

Has fallen behind the top group of senior signal callers and is probably a Day Two pick now and dropping.

10. Mike Montgomery, DE, Texas A&M

A DE / DT 'tweener who doesn't have the size to play inside and lacks the type of speed he would need outside.

PFT, Browner played CB and S in college ... I'm almost certain that he will now be viewed as a Safety prospect by most GM's ... TS first pointed this out and I think he's right

And this hurts Browner a lot cause he can only be considered a VERY RAW Safety prospect ... he'll need lots of grooming cause he hasn't spent much time at S and it's a tougher position to learn

Again, TS was the first to make these points ... I Just happen to agree

PFT, Browner played CB and S in college ... I'm almost certain that he will now be viewed as a Safety prospect by most GM's ... TS first pointed this out and I think he's right

And this hurts Browner a lot cause he can only be considered a VERY RAW Safety prospect ... he'll need lots of grooming cause he hasn't spent much time at S

Thanks Ham, I didn't know he also played S as well in college.

And TS was the first to mention that after his 40 time was announced.

Archived