What's our cap situation?

PhinHater

Too many giant contracts thrown around without year-one details to even be accurate within $10M now.

I retract my comment in another thread about the Jets keeping Barton. Now, I think not. Also, I think they will now look more aggesively into trading out of #6, though I think a LB corp of Gholston, Pace, Harris and Thomas would be delicious.

I retract my comment in another thread about the Jets keeping Barton. Now, I think not. Also, I think they will now look more aggesively into trading out of #6, though I think a LB corp of Gholston, Pace, Harris and Thomas would be delicious.

I'd agree with that. Also I think Barrett's only here until we secure someone in the draft, then he'll be a 6/1 cut (saves $3.6M in 2008 and leaves a $750K dead cap hole in 2009). With those two my best guess is in the neighborhood of $10M in space for '08 minus the extension for Rhodes. Given that, if we're offered a trade-down I think they'll take it. But that has the potential to be a nightmare of a LB corps for offenses, particularly with Jenkins at NT.

After Drob is traded, Faneca and Woody are signed. What will we have left total?

We need a CB and SS and to draft some skill players.

SS is Elam. Don't think they will bring anyone else in for it. Still have Eric Smith in the mix too.

If they can trade down and still draft a corner then that would be ideal. Also have Miller coming back, word was he improved his coverage last year before being hurt, but that remains to be seen.

Archived