What all JETS fans have waited for......

Jets1Fan

Remember this free agency period jets fans, it marks the change in the momentum in the AFC East. I feel like everything that mangenius is doing this offseason and last season mirrors what the "coach on that team from new england" did with his squad (minus the cheating)...I mean think about it Mangenius drafts one solid, and one very good O-Lineman in his first draft in D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold, who will anchor the OL for the next 5-7 years...Then in his next draft he chooses Darelle Revis and David Harris. Revis has the makings of an Asante Samuel CB type, think of the experience he gained this past season in playing all those games and all those top-notch receivers (Moss, T.O., Chad Johnson etc.) yes he got beat sometimes, but I can honestly say he made more impact plays and plays that made you saw "oh wow...we got a good one" moreso than he got beat. And in Harris, I don't think I even have to say anything about him.

These players will be hallmark players and icons and are the foundation of Jets team for years to come. Then this off season he makes moves to finally drop the dead weight left from Herm Edwards (granted I liked Herm at the beginning of his tenure, but his lack of discipline dictated our performance, well thats how i see it).

1. He trades Jonathan Vilma (whom I always love and even have his jersey still) because he didn't fit our 3-4 defensive scheme that involves run stopping big LB's that can drop back into coverage but also blitz and pressure the QB for a 2008 4th Round Pick of which could turn into a 2009 2nd or even 3rd Round Pick depending on Vilma's performance, in exchange we would give them our 2009 4th Rounder.

2. He then acquires Kris Jenkins big-bodied DT perfect for a 3-4, like a Vince Woolfork body-type. There are criticisms that he is too heavy and does not work hard to get in shape but there is 750,000 dollars on the table for him to work-out and stay leaner, hopefully around 360 lbs.

3. SIGNS ALAN FANECA!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! He is a top 2 Offensive Guard in the NFL and he will completely solidify and teach Brick and Mangold. THere are criticisms that suggest it was for too much money, but how do you expect to acquire high-profile free agents to a 4-12 team last year. (Will be my new jersey)...oh and Damien Woody too, he's a solid RT with more upside than down.

4. Signs Calvin Pace - OLB who on film appears to be a Roosevelt Colvin style LB, big, tough and fast. There are criticisms that he's not worth this money and that he only had one good year at an outside linebacker position that was new to him...well i would respond by saying im more glad that the Dolphins who were agreesively pursuing Pace did not land the big OLB and have to wonder if we had bid more for him, would he be wearing gang green and white...Thankfully I and the rest of you real fans, dont have to either. This Head Coach and GM spot good talent and really get the most out of the talent they have on the field. Give him the money, I thought that 4 years would have been the target but he must have wanted that 5th or we did that to simply lock him in as ours.

5. Signs Tony Richardson and Jesse Chatman...I believe that we've made our choice for QB and that is going to be Kellen Clemens, as a game manager simply handing the ball off to an invigorated Thomas Jones who gets on average 4.2 yards per carry. I think Jones can be a 1,600 yard rushing back with Tony Richardson and the newly revamped Offensive Line.

Overall I think the N.Y. Jets will win 10 games and the Wild Card AFC East, but we most certainly will come very close to pushing that team from new england off their high pedestal for years to come.

GO J-E-T-S!!!! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They said Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson were overpaid before too. Teams that worry about overpaying Pro Bowl talent tend to find themselves on the bottom of the NFL. Hell, Peyton Manning and Randy Moss make a lot of money too. The key is to get the guys that are going to be good, and give them the dough.

Chris we can all dream as long as we want...WE are all excited about the upcoming season but know better to realize that championships are not won on paper, especially with teams that have a shaky qb situation.

I'm not saying we're them...but the Ravens won it with Trent Dilfer in 01, the Bucs won it with Brad Johnson in '03, and lest I remind you that last time I checked Eli Manning was still a shaky quarterback enormously helped out by his Defensive Line and Secondary. Still I know they were not 4-12 last season, NO ONE...NO ONE is predicting the Jets to win a Super Bowl this upcoming year, but hey ya never know, that's why they play every sunday, monday and occasionally thursday and saturday haha.

Whatever we're all die hard jets fan, except that one loser N.E. fan who loves JETNATION. GO JETS!

I'm not saying we're them...but the Ravens won it with Trent Dilfer in 01, the Bucs won it with Brad Johnson in '03, and lest I remind you that last time I checked Eli Manning was still a shaky quarterback enormously helped out by his Defensive Line and Secondary. Still I know they were not 4-12 last season, NO ONE...NO ONE is predicting the Jets to win a Super Bowl this upcoming year, but hey ya never know, that's why they play every sunday, monday and occasionally thursday and saturday haha.

Whatever we're all die hard jets fan, except that one loser N.E. fan who loves JETNATION. GO JETS!

Thank you for stating this. There were quite a few more QB's that were considered "Shaky" before their first championship. Troy Aikman won the superbowl and the year before that I believe that the cowboys only won 1 game. Look at the bills, they went to the superbowl four times in a row and lost all 4...and in that 5th year people STILL predicted them to win the superbowl. You have to take things for what its worth. Eli Manning would have probably had the same record is he was the jets qb last year...instead he's standing with the immortals right now. I really think that people are underestimating Kellen Clemens. He has the ability....he just didnt have the support.

No one tought that the Giants could win especially without Jeremy Shockey. The Pats are not our issue....the Jets lost how many games by 7 points or less last year? If we would have won those games we would be a playoff team. People dont tend to look at that. Also, not only will we win those games this year, but we'll win games against quality teams as well. I think this will be the first time that I see the jets win more than 10 games in a regular season. I also think that have the talent to get atleast to the AFC Championship. I think that Thomas Jones rushes for 1,400 and 10+ TD's and Clemens throws 3,400+ yards and atleast 20 TD's this year

Jets in 2008 11-5 record.

Look at our schedule this year. I honestly can count 11 games that I can see this jets team (on paper) winning.

My winning picks are in BOLD.

Home: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Denver, Kansas City, Arizona, St. Louis, Cincinnati (Record 6-2 @Home)

Away: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Tennessee (Record 5-3 on Road)

Mind you, we have the ability to sweep Buffalo (they wont run on us like they used to anymore) as well a beat San Diego because we tend to have their number. We can literally give the Pats a run for the Division this year. In regards to Playoffs....we would have to play them and win, but with this schedule we can really make a Division run!

not sure how anyone can predict anything with the draft still not complete not to mention the injury bugs that hit every team in the preseason. Lets not also forget how those teams won SBs...great running games, dominating defenses etc the Jets could barely even run the ball let alone control the game and the defense ugh.... they will be better which is not saying much but how much no one can tell

not sure how anyone can predict anything with the draft still not complete not to mention the injury bugs that hit every team in the preseason. Lets not also forget how those teams won SBs...great running games, dominating defenses etc the Jets could barely even run the ball let alone control the game and the defense ugh.... they will be better which is not saying much but how much no one can tell

even with our terrible D-Line and O-Line (hence, Run Defense and Run Offense performing as poorly as they did) Kellen for much of the year still kept us in games. I cannot sit here and honestly say that I could see an Elway in him in last minute drives or anything remotely close to that, but what I did see was an atrocious O-Line that couldn't protect the QB's blindside (Imagine a 23 yr. old not seeing the pass rushers barreling down on him)...Look I'm not saying he's our savior, but I can honestly say we have had our best times with Chad Pennington at the helm under Bill Parcells and Herm Edwards...the day has come for a change in attitude and scheme...Let Kellen just hand the ball off to Thomas Jones, Tony Richardson and Screen Pass to Leon Washington all game long, I don't care if its not pretty or flashy...because after all, Flashy went 18-1...regardless that its enormously different from 4-12, but both seasons are considered failures.

HAND THE BALL OFF KELLEN AND NOW YOU DONT HAVE LESS THAN 1 SECOND TO GET RID OF THE BALL WHEN YOU PASS!

Thoughts???

HAND THE BALL OFF KELLEN AND NOW YOU DONT HAVE LESS THAN 1 SECOND TO GET RID OF THE BALL WHEN YOU PASS!

Thoughts???

I think the Jets improved in the areas they needed most. Chad and Kellen would both benefit from these changes. That is why they will battle it out in camp. Last years results were just brutal. With a running game (hopefully) now the QB either way will be much better.

Archived