Fitzgerald re-works deal with Arizona.

PhinHater

Cardinals | Fitzgerald deal saves team cap space

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:44:30 -0700 John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals will save $8.842 million in cap room after agreeing to terms on a four-year, $40 million contract with WR Larry Fitzgerald.

Cardinals | Fitzgerald contract details

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:38:21 -0700

Updating previous items, John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald will receive a $15 million signing bonus as part of a new four-year, $40 million contract. His base salary will be $2 million, giving him a $17 million payout in 2008. Fitzgerald has a $5 million option bonus in 2009. Over the four years of the contract, Fitzgerald will receive $30 million in guarantees.

Incredible that Javon Walker got $15 mil more.

Yes and no. Walker got an $11M signing bonus on a deal that's two years shorter. He got $16M guaranteed; Fitzgerald got $30M guaranteed. The last 2 years of Walker's deal is $20M of it. He probably won't see (at least) that much of it. It's still insane.

I wonder if agents say, "Well look at what _____ got from Oakland. They reset the bar." Only to have the teams' replies being, "That's Al Davis. It doesn't count. Your client can go rot in Oakland if that's what he wants."

Fitzgerald's getting $10M/yr on this deal & barring something unusual happening with his career he'll see every dime of it. That's the biggest signing bonus ($15M) I've seen so far on such a short deal. He turns 25 at the end of August, meaning he'll be getting yet another contract when he's still 28 (at the latest). Fitz should be on his knees sucking his agent's **** for orchestrating his rookie deal the way he did.

yeah, the Cardinals were idiots for arranging the deal the way they did. Not sure who from the Cardinals negotiated with Fitzgerald's agent, but it was arranged so that if he met his incentives, he'd have the Cardinals over a barrel.

Yes and no. Walker got an $11M signing bonus on a deal that's two years shorter. He got $16M guaranteed; Fitzgerald got $30M guaranteed. The last 2 years of Walker's deal is $20M of it. He probably won't see (at least) that much of it. It's still insane.

I wonder if agents say, "Well look at what _____ got from Oakland. They reset the bar." Only to have the teams' replies being, "That's Al Davis. It doesn't count. Your client can go rot in Oakland if that's what he wants."

Fitzgerald's getting $10M/yr on this deal & barring something unusual happening with his career he'll see every dime of it. That's the biggest signing bonus ($15M) I've seen so far on such a short deal. He turns 25 at the end of August, meaning he'll be getting yet another contract when he's still 28 (at the latest). Fitz should be on his knees sucking his agent's **** for orchestrating his rookie deal the way he did.

Hopefully you're right about agents and GM's disregarding the insane things Al Davis does. He gave Gibril Wilson a ton of money and now we have Kerry Rhodes coming up as a free agent soon and he's much better than Wilson.

Why? Fitzright now is a much more valuable player than Faneca and the Cardinals can get a Guard like Branden Albert in the draft.

:confused: Have you seen Fanaca's games ? He has a ring, Fitz is a tall slow WR that takes avanges of the mismatches he has from Boldin the other side.

Larry is good but he is overated in my eyes. Fanaca has made like 7 probowls you tell me who is more valueable

:confused: Have you seen Fanaca's games ? He has a ring, Fitz is a tall slow WR that takes avanges of the mismatches he has from Boldin the other side.

Larry is good but he is overated in my eyes. Fanaca has made like 7 probowls you tell me who is more valueable

Faneca is also 31 and Fitz is like 25. Fitz also played better last season. No disrespect to Faneca, I think the Jets made the right move buying him, but it's probably easier to get a good Guard right now than it is to get a receiver who consistently gets 1,000 yards a season.

Archived