REGGIE LOSES HIS PINSTRIPES

Lil Bit Special

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03162008/sports/yankees/reggie_loses_his_pinstripes_102255.htm

March 16, 2008 -- TAMPA - Major League Baseball has ordered Reggie Jackson out of uniform for the remainder of spring training games after the Hall of Famer was on the field during this past Wednesday's altercation.

Jackson, who was on the field dressed in gray baseball pants, windbreaker and Yankees New York Yankees hat, was fined $250 by MLB. Jackson, a special advisor during the season, also doubles as a spring training instructor.

"I am going to call Bud (Selig) today," said Jackson, who explained he was on the field in the role of a peacemaker. "I called him (Saturday) and left a message. I was trying to make peace. I didn't have my number (44) on but I had the windbreaker that a lot of guys wear. (Don) Zimmer was on the field. He walked out; I jogged."

Reggie is the one guy that could have probably restored order because he is respected by both sides. But baseball is baseball so we shouldn't expect anything less.

Should Reggie be on the field if he isn't a coach? No. But seriously Bud, go clean up 800 other things before you worry about special spring training instructors doing too much.

Archived