Greinke, Royals sweep Tigers

JetNation

Definitely not the start I was hoping for. Give it to the Royals, they played their asses off and deserved the sweep. Not we have to worry about having both Granderson AND Sheff out of the lineup.

0-4. what a way to start the season... I was listening to the post game on my way home (have xm) and the broadcasters just seemed totally lost for words on why they suck so far.

Just remember this lousy start in Sept when you wrap up best record in the AL.

0-4. what a way to start the season... I was listening to the post game on my way home (have xm) and the broadcasters just seemed totally lost for words on why they suck so far.

Just remember this lousy start in Sept when you wrap up best record in the AL.

A lot of people in the Detroit area are kinda just bemused right at their start. Everyone assumed they were going to just go crazy out of the gate.

Obviously not the way I wanted them to start the season, but I'm not going to get worried about it this early in the season. This is a lineup that is largely new to each other and learning to adjust to their place in the lineup. I think once they get comfortable in the spot their in, they'll start to gel and play as a unit. I liken it to the Yanks stacked lineup in the last few years. Slow off the gate, but once they got comfortable and learned to complement each other they hit hte sh** out of the ball and improved in the second half.

Archived