This topic hasn't been raised

Jets1Fan

I may be absolutely crazy but to me the way the Draft, completely in my own estimation and I'm no expert, but the numbers work out that with the players involved in the top 6/7 Picks are:

Jake Long

Chris Long

Matt Ryan

Darren McFadden

Sedrick Ellis*(Thought that the Raiders were very interested...anyone know???)

Glen Dorsey

Vernon Gholston

Leodis McKelvin

I think the First 4 will actually go in that order (to Miami, St. Louis, Atlanta and possibly Oak., respectively) That to me signals that the Kansas City Chiefs can really determine how the Jets approach this draft...Scenarios: (1.) K.C. picks Glen Dorsey, we absolutely (unless we trade down) pick Vernon Gholston. (2.) However if Dorsey goes before 5, DMC/Matt Ryan falls and K.C. picks Ryan Clady-OT OR EVEN Matt Ryan (because supposedly he's the next QB from the team from New England...top QB's chosen have such a small percentage of becoming Franchise Quarterbacks), do we then go after Glen Dorsey and put him at DE as the best available player left (meaning he's better than Gholston????)

Long Story Short...if he falls or is just available at #6 [DMC is gone, Matt Ryan Gone BUT Gholston Available] What about if neither Gholston is there at #6 nor DMC?? What do people see us doing then??

I may be absolutely crazy but to me the way the Draft, completely in my own estimation and I'm no expert, but the numbers work out that with the players involved in the top 6/7 Picks are:

Jake Long

Chris Long

Matt Ryan

Darren McFadden

Sedrick Ellis*(Thought that the Raiders were very interested...anyone know???)

Glen Dorsey

Vernon Gholston

Leodis McKelvin

I think the First 4 will actually go in that order (to Miami, St. Louis, Atlanta and possibly Oak., respectively) That to me signals that the Kansas City Chiefs can really determine how the Jets approach this draft...Scenarios: (1.) K.C. picks Glen Dorsey, we absolutely (unless we trade down) pick Vernon Gholston. (2.) However if Dorsey goes before 5, DMC/Matt Ryan falls and K.C. picks Ryan Clady-OT OR EVEN Matt Ryan (because supposedly he's the next QB from the team from New England...top QB's chosen have such a small percentage of becoming Franchise Quarterbacks), do we then go after Glen Dorsey and put him at DE as the best available player left (meaning he's better than Gholston????)

Long Story Short...if he falls or is just available at #6 [DMC is gone, Matt Ryan Gone BUT Gholston Available] What about if neither Gholston is there at #6 nor DMC?? What do people see us doing then??

If they have any intention of keeping that pick it must be because they almost really have a deal in place to move D-Rob and clear that cap space. They can always cut some guys too to get under the cap afterwards I guess. If they want a player bad enough they'll find a way to fit it in the cap. I just see them trading out of that pick and they are almost guaranteed to have someone sitting there that teams are gonna want and give up a nice package of picks for. Dorsey is not the pick though in my opinion. He's a DT - might as well keep D-Rob and move him to End since he knows the system. He doesn't fit at DE. If the choice is Gholston or Dorsey, it's not much of a decision ... gotta be Gholston.

If they have any intention of keeping that pick it must be because they almost really have a deal in place to move D-Rob and clear that cap space. They can always cut some guys too to get under the cap afterwards I guess. If they want a player bad enough they'll find a way to fit it in the cap. I just see them trading out of that pick and they are almost guaranteed to have someone sitting there that teams are gonna want and give up a nice package of picks for. Dorsey is not the pick though in my opinion. He's a DT - might as well keep D-Rob and move him to End since he knows the system. He doesn't fit at DE. If the choice is Gholston or Dorsey, it's not much of a decision ... gotta be Gholston.

If DMC or Gholston is not there at 6...Sedrick ellis and matt ryan is... we call up the Ravens and the Bengels and see who wil lpay more to move down a few spots.. and try and get a second out of them to do that... then with the 8th or 9th pick... we take the best corner on the board... cromartie most likely... or we make anopther trade with the panthers and try and get more picks..most lieky they wil want mendenhall and we can provide that to them at that spot... then with the panthers spot we can take Cromartie or the best CB left... then with the extra picks we can take a reciever a QB or maybe a DE like groves or merling..

If DMC or Gholston is not there at 6...Sedrick ellis and matt ryan is... we call up the Ravens and the Bengels and see who wil lpay more to move down a few spots.. and try and get a second out of them to do that... then with the 8th or 9th pick... we take the best corner on the board... cromartie most likely... or we make anopther trade with the panthers and try and get more picks..most lieky they wil want mendenhall and we can provide that to them at that spot... then with the panthers spot we can take Cromartie or the best CB left... then with the extra picks we can take a reciever a QB or maybe a DE like groves or merling..

I'm not on board with taking Cromartie or Mckelvin myself. I think they'll get better value out of some of the corners in the middle of the draft. Cromartie has gotten a lot of hype but I'm not buying. There are a couple of big and fast CB's that are expected to be around in the middle of the draft (Chevis Jackson, Antwaun Molden, etc.) who just haven't gotten the hype of some of these other guys, and they just paid Revis a ton last year. HB is not much of an option in the 1st with TJ in the 2nd year of a decent size contract and Leon and Chatman on board. Maybe you take a HB later. This is all just my opinion. I'd rather have them trade back again to late 1st round and stock up picks to compliment their spending spree at lower rates. I like Quentin Groves, Calais Campbell, James Hardy, Malcom Kelly and Limas Sweed later in the round maybe. Then again, if they take the best guy on the board, regardless of the position (excluding OL), I'll be happy.

Archived