A copy of the PSL survey

Maxman

I haven't been to a game in a while. Are those sight-lines about the same as they are now? Looks like - on many of the seats - you'll miss a lot of the field once people are seated in front of you. Is this less of an angle than Giants Stadium so a few more rows can fit? Or is it exactly the same and it's just a crappy computer rendition?

That is some great information. Good shots and all.

It will be interesting to see if they let us have a crack a moving our seats. From what I can tell my current seats are now considered "Upper Bowl" but I would love to be able to move down and to the left.

Also, I wonder how they are going to map the seats from side to side. Right now I am on the West Side (as far as I can figure) and would like to say on that side.

I know all the PSL stuff is getting people pissed off, but beyond that I am really excited for this new stadium.

BZ

That is some great information. Good shots and all.

It will be interesting to see if they let us have a crack a moving our seats. From what I can tell my current seats are now considered "Upper Bowl" but I would love to be able to move down and to the left.

Also, I wonder how they are going to map the seats from side to side. Right now I am on the West Side (as far as I can figure) and would like to say on that side.

I know all the PSL stuff is getting people pissed off, but beyond that I am really excited for this new stadium.

BZ

I do wonder how that is going to work. I am not sure how accomdating they can be, at least initially. If they have thousands upon thousands of requests it could be near impossible to even keep track of them all.

The thing is even if they do everything right -- some people are going to be mad that they aren't sitting next to the same people they sat with for 20 years. It really is a new beginning. For me, my current section sucks, so I welcome a change. But I think I am in the minority. Most people are close to others and won't be happy to not be by them.

My section now is kind of flaky -- lots of people sell their seats each game so those around me are different each week. Either that or they just don't like me. Hard to tell.

I do wonder how that is going to work. I am not sure how accomdating they can be, at least initially. If they have thousands upon thousands of requests it could be near impossible to even keep track of them all.

The thing is even if they do everything right -- some people are going to be mad that they aren't sitting next to the same people they sat with for 20 years. It really is a new beginning. For me, my current section sucks, so I welcome a change. But I think I am in the minority. Most people are close to others and won't be happy to not be by them.

My section now is kind of flaky -- lots of people sell their seats each game so those around me are different each week. Either that or they just don't like me. Hard to tell.

Yeah, it seems like a logistics nightmare.

I would love to move over a section or two.

In looking at the new seating chart for the upper deck, they are going from 40 sections to 50, so my 335 would map to a 334/335/336 as they split up the sections.

As much as I like the people around me, if we are together, that is great but really there are only a few "regulars". The guy in front of me, GGG, and a few others. My row is almost always a different set of people every week.

My guess is they will start with the longest season ticket holders and just move up, making them available as they go. They will probably start with the assumption that everyone who has season tickets wants to stay right where they are so they will map them directly to the new seats. After people opt out, seats will become available and they will offer them to the other ticket holders. It would be nice if they could figure out a way to do it online, where I could log in, see availability and pick new seats. Probably grabbing them by giving a deposit on the PSL/Seats.

They should hire me! :)

BZ

Yeah, it seems like a logistics nightmare.

I would love to move over a section or two.

In looking at the new seating chart for the upper deck, they are going from 40 sections to 50, so my 335 would map to a 334/335/336 as they split up the sections.

As much as I like the people around me, if we are together, that is great but really there are only a few "regulars". The guy in front of me, GGG, and a few others. My row is almost always a different set of people every week.

My guess is they will start with the longest season ticket holders and just move up, making them available as they go. They will probably start with the assumption that everyone who has season tickets wants to stay right where they are so they will map them directly to the new seats. After people opt out, seats will become available and they will offer them to the other ticket holders. It would be nice if they could figure out a way to do it online, where I could log in, see availability and pick new seats. Probably grabbing them by giving a deposit on the PSL/Seats.

They should hire me! :)

BZ

They need to buy the continental seat reservation program and expand it from 250 seats to 80,000. Then everyone can go to the meadowlands and pick their own seat at one of the "Kiosks". Of course you have to pay for parking that day, these things aren't free.

Knowing the Jets though they probably have 2 summer interns assigned to this task and they are going to do it on paper. :character42:

Really though however they go about it, it is a HUGE task. I think mapping everyone to the best guess at their current seat is where they will start. And they should deal with exceptions based on length of service, in this case how long you have been a season ticket holder.

Yeah yeah, no credibility and now no brains.

Tough crowd.

BZ

Hey at least I didn't say you had sh*t for brains. You know what happens when we find a poster that has sh*t for brains?

Yes that's right, we make them a moderator.

:)

Archived