Jerry Manual and Carlos Beltran ejected

jaspegs

Dam great to see some fire from these guys. I like it. It shouldnt have even started but that bitch umpire thinks hes tough. Jerry Manual would went gangsta on him.

and the mets really got fired up by this.

allowing 6 runs in final 5 innings and scoring none.

welcome back to the roller coaster.

Check the videos of that argument. The ump bumped into Manuel. That is quite clear. He should be disciplined, since he initiated contact. If a Manager or player bumps an Ump, it's an automatic suspension. Needs to be the same both ways.

Some umps give grief and get away with it- this was one example where the ump instigated the incident.

Agreed.

I understand he apologized to Manuel last night. But I want to see him suspended. e needs to be responsible for his actions, just like any player or manager is required to be. It needs to be a 2 way street here.

Ball in your court, Bud (Selig).

BTW - I did see a replay of the pitch Beltran was upset about. It is tough to tell from a camera angle, but it was not off by much. It wasn't a "horrific" call.

Agreed.

I understand he apologized to Manuel last night. But I want to see him suspended. e needs to be responsible for his actions, just like any player or manager is required to be. It needs to be a 2 way street here.

Ball in your court, Bud (Selig).

BTW - I did see a replay of the pitch Beltran was upset about. It is tough to tell from a camera angle, but it was not off by much. It wasn't a "horrific" call.

It wasn't a terrible call, borderline from the CF camera. I didn't see an aerial view of that pitch. The terrible thing was the ump tried to bait and bully Beltran. He took off his mask and pretended to dust off home plate and then the rest was history. What a douche.

It wasn't a terrible call, borderline from the CF camera. I didn't see an aerial view of that pitch. The terrible thing was the ump tried to bait and bully Beltran. He took off his mask and pretended to dust off home plate and then the rest was history. What a douche.

Agreed. That's why I feel he deserved to be suspended. Personally, I would have made it 3 games, like the "standard" suspension for a player who is suspended for whatever reason.

And neither Beltran or Manuel deserved a fine. The Ump was completely in the wrong.

Archived