Pirates beat Yankees for first time since 1960

JetNation

Of course. It's a huge event for them to even play the Yankees. They get their pee pee's all hot and bothered, and put out an extra effort just to say that they beat NY. You can see how the fans react too. A bunch of backward hicks from PA, jumping up and down like they won something meaningful.

Pittsburgh is actually a nice town. The stadium is very nice, and the view overlooking the downtown area is fabulous. I especially like the walkway near the River, just outside the stadium. And they have a bridge over the river that is closed to vehicle traffic in the late afternoon, and open for pedestrians exclusively. Makes getting to the stadium and downtown very easy.

There are many nice area just outside the town limits to live in. One area I visited (relatives) is the Squirrel Hill area. A hilly area, nice homes, and easy traveling to downtown Pittsburgh.

Not a hick town at all.

Pitt is a nice place. I love that they haven't been above 500 since 93, the brewers haven't made the playoffs since 1982, i don't think the Royals have made the playoffs since the mid 80's and people still think there is parity in baseball.

The sport is basically unwatchable for half the MLB franchises. Fortunately the Brewers have drafted well as of late and i get to watch Ben Sheets in a Brewer uniform for 4 more months before the Yanks or Red Sox sign him.

Archived