Rangers get Zherdev from Blue Jackets for Tyutin

KudosForND

Signing Redden makes more sense now. Sather clearly knew he was going to get Zherdev and signing Redden made Tyutin available as a trading chip. I liked Tyutin and it's a shame to see him go but it was worth it to pick up a dynamic forward like Zherdev.

Signing Redden makes more sense now. Sather clearly knew he was going to get Zherdev and signing Redden made Tyutin available as a trading chip. I liked Tyutin and it's a shame to see him go but it was worth it to pick up a dynamic forward like Zherdev.
Yes once they signed Rozsi and Redden for a combined $11.5 million of course Tyutin and Backman were expendable and almost has to be moved. Toots never bloomed into what he was projected to be, and Slats should never of lost a pick to get Backman he was a disaster. This trade makes up for it for sure, but Redden is making just as much as he did last season and he has been a shell of himself the last 2 years. If he can bounce back great, but he's 31 and declining already, we have him till he's 37 no way will he be worth what we will be paying him. Slats makes signings without considering the future, and the Rangers are in cap hell because of it. No one else has 58% of their cap tied up in 5 guys, and the ony one of those 5 who is tier one talent is Lundqvist. I'm sorry but Gomez, Drury, Rozsi and Redden are not tier one players, and are all over paid.

Tyutin's not a big loss at all and I'm doing backflips over the fact that we got rid of Backman. I f'ing HATED that scumbag. HATED HIM. Screw Christian Backman.

Archived