Post Of The Week Thread -- 07/23/08

POTW Bot

Irish Jet has nominated a post.

Reason:

Yup.

Post: I am Boom Boom, and I'm roaring again! (locked edition)

Forum: NY Jets \ NFL Talk

Posted by: Gainzo

Original Content:

Even though this is G.O.B's thread I think he will appreciate what I'm about to do (In the spirit of G.O.B. crapping all over BoomBoom back in the day):

1). You changed your username from CM28 to GangGreen and have proceeded to rack up over 700 posts in a week.

2). You always say "we" when talking about the teams you follow.

3). You dumped the Pats for the Jets when Curtis Martin changed teams.

4). You dumped the Sox for the Yankees when Johnny Damon changed teams.

5). You are on the record as saying you would dump the Celtics if Paul Pierce left for another team.

6). Your location is FL & MA. WTF is that?

7). Most of your posts are one or two words. Once in a while you actually type a full sentence.

8). You hijack just about every thread.

BP has nominated a post.

Reason:

Forum: The Lounge

Posted by: Jetlag

Original Content:

First of all Kobe, you're a little fag for even asking. It's obvious to anyone with a set, that you go to the club. Then when you fail miserably, that's when you call up "shawty". Hopefully by that point she is already getting pumped by one of your boys and you'll have to resort to asking if it's alright if you can just watch. This is the best you'll ever get...in your life...ever.

Sharrow has nominated a post.

Reason:

POTW

Posted by: Max

Original Content:

and better than ever. For those of you that aren't familiar each week we pick the Post Of The Week.

What is the Post Of The Week?

In a perfect world the POTW would be the single post that best captures our hearts and minds or the funniest joke. Since neither of those things are ever seen here we usually pick the joke that would be most likely to make a 5th grader laugh.

What does the winner get?

He or she gets the honor of winning the award and gets published on the front page of the site.

How do I nominate a Post?

In the old days we used to have to reply to a post and type POTW or Post Of The Week Nomination. We then had a minimum wage employee search the forums each week and copy and past each post into a thread so he could declare the winner. I am happy to say that the new process is much better. We had to let the minimum wage employee go and replaced him with a computer program.

When you want to nominate a post simply click on this button: report.gif

You can then enter your reason for nominating the post and when you are done, just hit Send.

Who picks the winner?

The one and only POTW Bot.

People don't like my posts, I never win the POTW. What can I do?

Send $34 to paypal@jetnation.com and we will make sure you win. Please include your user name and a self addressed stamped envelope.

PFSIKH has nominated a post.

Reason:

Funny!

Posted by: TaborJet

Original Content:

Two observations:

1. You seem to be very adept at doing screenshots, photo editing, and posting images on message boards. I figure you would know what the glitch means.

2. What are you doing on a Chiefs message board?! JN is the place to be! Maybe you miss Herm.

SoFlaJets has nominated a post.

Reason:

"I am not crazy in real life" gets 128 a nom

Posted by: jetsrule128

Original Content:

i will be there as much as possible

you guys know what i look like

i am not crazy in real life

i will most likely be by there dorms after the 1st practice if you want to say hi

BP has nominated a post.

Reason:

HAHAHAHA!

Posted by: Boozer76

Original Content:

Aww I'm your friend Verde. Good to see you back around here. Since you've been gone my son was born and I also eat and exercise just like you, making me 60 pounds lighter! I crap like a champion now with all the fiber!!

Max and Thor continue to gain 60 pounds on a weekly basis, now placing them somewhere between Fat Bastard and Jabba The Hut in girth.

Joe (124) now passes out on Gainzo's sofa regularly after a few beers.

Gainzo musters all his will to keep from touching Joe while he's sleeping.

GOB came back, now exactly 2,684 donuts lighter than he was before he left. Consequentially Dunkin Donuts stock has dropped dramatically. Forecasters blame the economy and rising gas prices, but those who know GOB know the real reason.

BP and Sperm Edwards are each trying to set the record for having the most :rl:emoticons in their posts and rep comments.

SoFlaJets got himself a badass new guitar.

GG's daughter is trying to win a coach design contest and is currently in 69th place overall. Top 100 win prizes. Vote here: http://www.coach.com/designatote/?pbb_qsi=3397773&=PPIMEMAIL

Smizzy is on a mission to defame Crocs and all people wearing them

Jetman67/gameface67 has gone from an acoholic turkey leg devouring savage to a metrosexual west coaster who ironically, wears Crocs.

kobe24jets is our new real edition of Utah Gangster.

jetsrule128 is still spanking it in the bushes to Big Brother.

Some new guy ganggreen i annoying the crap out of everyone here. Suspicions run high that he is the new incarnation of Glen Foley.

Ecurb still wants to tickle Chad's grundle with his tongue.

madmike is still mad.

Tabor and Mrs T are still happily married and loving life.

Borgoguy is a pretty cool new guy here.

Panzer still makes the coolest signatures in the land.

And last, but I'm sure not least, Soothsayer is still the biggest douchebag in the world.

Welcome back!!

124 has nominated a post.

Reason:

Some people are stupid enough to call Thomas Jones a bad back. Yet they want to blast the Line for Clemens' poor play, Jones can't get a break? The line was the reason for his less than usual success in 2007 and he still was able to run for 1,100 yards. Solid back with a much improved OLine this year runs for 1,400+.

Posted by: Ryno the Jet

Original Content:

NJ has nominated a post.

Reason:

True dat

Posted by: Sperm Edwards

Original Content:

"Competition isn't anything new for me, and this is one of those things that Coach Mangini feels is necessary, so I have to react accordingly and react like a professional should," Pennington said, pointing out that he was in a similar situation in 2006 with Patrick Ramsey, Brooks Bollinger, and Clemens. "It's certainly competitive, it's intense, but at the same time it's professional."

23 of his past 36 regular season games he threw for under 200 yards (and another with a whopping 207), to go with his all-world 39 TD's/35 INT's. How many field goals & special teams/defensive touchdowns does he think a HC is supposed to rely on each game, to go with this 1 TD / 1 INT per game average, so this team can score a measly 20 points?

"Coach Mangini feels [it] is necessary."

Suck my dick. You've been paid like a top-5 quarterback for years. YOU are the one who's been paid to be the difference-maker, you jackass. You haven't been, and so there is competition. What kind of fool would any HC have to be to keep blindly trotting your noodle arm out there without any camp competition?

If you win it, fine. If not, fine. But the whole league knows it's necessary & that you can barely throw a 6 yard pass on a rope (to say nothing of your ridiculous 3-step windup for anything longer than 15 yards) before the defense reacts.

Dickhead.

Bob has nominated a post.

Reason:

This is just wonderful. :rl:

Posted by: joebabyny

Original Content:

Whatever, that is just your reality. In MY reality, the class would be full of 18-24 year old girls as hairless as a baby's ass, as flexible as cirque de soliel performers, and they would all smell like baby powder.

drago has nominated a post.

Reason:

no message necessary

Posted by: G.O.B.

Original Content:

Exactly, and it's exactly where big mouthed TEs with limited performance should be.

When Keller and Franks come to town, it's not the best time to run your mouth. You'll find yourself sitting 4th on the TE depth chart behind the long snapper. :snip:

Archived