Marvin Harrison Jr signs his rookie deal. What the hell is going on with Corley?

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?f0=TRANSACTION&f1=Positions

I wish I knew what the hold-up is with Corley's contract.

Yes, I know it's early, but the guy was a friggin' 3rd round pick, not top 5 in the first round and he is the only rookie of our draft class who hasn't signed.

I wish some of our beat-writers would do some digging & find out what the deal is.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2

4 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?f0=TRANSACTION&f1=Positions

Yes, I know it's early, but the guy was friggin' 3rd round pick, not top 5 in the first round and he is the only rookie of our draft class who hasn't signed.

I wish some of our beat-writers would do some digging & find out what the deal is.

it is May 24th why are you hurt over him not signing his rookie contract yet?  Do you know how many guys haven't signed their deals yet???  Since MHJ signed we need to be worried???

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

it is May 24th why are you hurt over him not signing his rookie contract yet?  Do you know how many guys haven't signed their deals yet???  Since MHJ signed we need to be worried???

You have to put things in context.  Every single one of our other 6 draft picks signed on the exact same day.  Corley is now weeks away from that date, and nothing has happened.  We have every right to question "why"?

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Alka said:

You have to put things in context.  Every single one of our other 6 draft picks signed on the exact same day.  Corley is now weeks away from that date, and nothing has happened.  We have every right to question "why"?

LOL.  

27 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Yes, I know it's early, but the guy was friggin' 3rd round pick, not top 5 in the first round and he is the only rookie of our draft class who hasn't signed.

Who cares? It doesn’t matter till training camp. No way a third round rookie contract is going to drag into camp. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Alka said:

Why? He is participating in the off season program. That’s all I care about. His contract is not an issue at this point.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

33 minutes ago, Alka said:

At least one other person gets it.

Well done.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

24 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Why? He is participating in the off season program. That’s all I care about. His contract is not an issue at this point.

Right.

But he won't be in training camp without a signed contract.

• Upvote 1

I remember reading somewhere (possibly Twitterx) that Corley's agent has aspirations to make him the highest paid 3rd rounder in NFL history - which shouldn't be too difficult, bearing in mind annual salary inflation and the fact that he was the first pick of the 3rd round...

Anyway, team Corley know that the Jets love Corley and had him rated significantly higher than the 65th overall player. They might be trying to squeeze something extra in terms of guarantees or offset language out of the Jets, as it's hard to see how they can increase the overall size of the contract on a rookie slotted deal.

In any case, Corley is participating in OTAs, and his deal will get done sooner or later, so I'm not too worried.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Corley’s the only rookie starter the Jets drafted this year and he feels the need to make sure he’s paid accordingly. And no offset language either, thank you very much!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Right.

There is no threat of that. With the current slotting system on rookie contracts , salaries are pre determined. The only issue tends to be “off set” on guaranteed contracts. However that only applies to first rounders. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Have all the other 3rd round picks this year signed their deals yet?  How many have, how many haven't?

It's hard for me to get worked up about it if most of the other 3rds are also still unsigned currently.  

Conversely, if Corley was the only 3rd remaining unsigned, then I might sign on with the worry and anxiety in the OP.

Who is his agent ??? Some just work that way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Have all the other 3rd round picks this year signed their deals yet?  How many have, how many haven't?

It's hard for me to get worked up about it if most of the other 3rds are also still unsigned currently.  

Conversely, if Corley was the only 3rd remaining unsigned, then I might sign on with the worry and anxiety in the OP.

Not really worked up per say, but would certainly like some insight as to what's happening (or not happening) with Corley's contract.

That said, we'll see how this pans out.

He's the only pick of our draft class that's still unsigned, can't help but wonder why that is.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Right.

Which begins when? Wait till then before exercising your creative impulses as to the reasons.  You are making an issue out of a complete non issue. Even worse, you cry "troll" when anyone points out the obvious and disagrees with you. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

I remember reading somewhere (possibly Twitterx) that Corley's agent has aspirations to make him the highest paid 3rd rounder in NFL history - which shouldn't be too difficult, bearing in mind annual salary inflation and the fact that he was the first pick of the 3rd round...

Anyway, team Corley know that the Jets love Corley and had him rated significantly higher than the 65th overall player. They might be trying to squeeze something extra in terms of guarantees or offset language out of the Jets, as it's hard to see how they can increase the overall size of the contract on a rookie slotted deal.

In any case, Corley is participating in OTAs, and his deal will get done sooner or later, so I'm not too worried.

Salary is literally slotted for 3rd rounders. It's not something that the team can negotiate on even if they wanted to.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

@Sarge4Tide  you've  been outted as a troll here.   Bet you didn't see that coming. You dirty little troll... you.

When all you can do is reply with a silly photo, that's a troll in my book.

Contribute something constructive - or don't bother.

• Thumb Down 1