Ronnie Artest to the Rockets

Blackout

Ron Artest set for deal to Rockets

Bobby Jackson, first-round pick to go to Sacramento

By JONATHAN FEIGEN Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

July 29, 2008, 7:09PM

In what had been a quiet offseason, the Rockets are about to make a lot of noise.

In a stunning move designed to push the Rockets from solid playoff team toward legitimate NBA contenders, the Rockets reached agreement Tuesday with the Sacramento Kings to acquire gifted but controversial forward Ron Artest, according to an NBA executive with knowledge of the deal.

The Rockets will give up guard Bobby Jackson, a No. 1 draft pick next season and another player that the individual with knowledge of the trade could not name. Rockets general manager Daryl Morey could not be immediately reached for comment.

Because of contract considerations, the trade will not be announced until Aug. 14, though that would indicate the deal could include Rockets

How dumb are the Sacramento Queens? Seriously. They should of traded him to the Lakers for Odom and a 1st.

F'ing idiots, I swear.

Was that on the table? I think Odom still is owed a lot of money under his contract.

Was that on the table? I think Odom still is owed a lot of money under his contract.

I believe it was Odom for Artest and Kenny Thomas. Odom would of been a better fit for the Kings than Bobby Jones. Odom was due 14 Mill I believe.

I believe it was Odom for Artest and Kenny Thomas. Odom would of been a better fit for the Kings than Bobby Jones. Odom was due 14 Mill I believe.

That is the better deal IMO, however I would really surprised if Sac and LA ever trade players. They are bitter rivals.

That is the better deal IMO, however I would really surprised if Sac and LA ever trade players. They are bitter rivals.

That's true, Artest is a good player and people forgot how good of a player this guy is. Artest just made the Rockets that much better. Yao, McGrady, Alston, Shane B, and now Artest?

The Kings made a terrible, terrible trade. He was rumored in a Piston trade, I'm guessing it would of involed either Prince or Billups.

That's true, Artest is a good player and people forgot how good of a player this guy is. Artest just made the Rockets that much better. Yao, McGrady, Alston, Shane B, and now Artest?

The Kings made a terrible, terrible trade. He was rumored in a Piston trade, I'm guessing it would of involed either Prince or Billups.

I agree, looks good on paper. However T-Mac and Yao have to stay healthy, which they haven't done in years. Yao really needs to take the Summer off and stop playing for China. I'm not ready to crown them out of the west just yet.

I agree, looks good on paper. However T-Mac and Yao have to stay healthy, which they haven't done in years. Yao really needs to take the Summer off and stop playing for China. I'm not ready to crown them out of the west just yet.

I have to agree, I heard he's been playing well tho so I don't know his situation well.

Not to be bias, but I still think the Lakers are the team to beat. They swept the Nuggets easily in the playoffs, they beat the Jazz who's a very good team especially at home, and then they dominated the Spurs. Of course, they ended up choking in the Finals again against the Celtics but I still think the Lakers are the team to beat in the west. The only player they really lost was Ronny Turiaf and not a knock on him but he didn't play well in the playoffs, I loved Ronny's heart but he just didn't bring it in the playoffs. However, we re-signed Sasha Vujacic and our big man Andrew Bynum is healthy. I think he's going to be the difference this year.

I have to agree, I heard he's been playing well tho so I don't know his situation well.

Not to be bias, but I still think the Lakers are the team to beat. They swept the Nuggets easily in the playoffs, they beat the Jazz who's a very good team especially at home, and then they dominated the Spurs. Of course, they ended up choking in the Finals again against the Celtics but I still think the Lakers are the team to beat in the west. The only player they really lost was Ronny Turiaf and not a knock on him but he didn't play well in the playoffs, I loved Ronny's heart but he just didn't bring it in the playoffs. However, we re-signed Sasha Vujacic and our big man Andrew Bynum is healthy. I think he's going to be the difference this year.

Don't sleep on the Hornets.

Archived