D'Brick

DMaynard

I am anxious to take a good look at him tonight. It seems like he has finally bulked up some and from all accounts, is really looking good in TC. Some guys just take a little longer. Even Robert Galley is starting to look good, and he really looked like a

complete bust coming out in his first few years.

D'Brick will have a huge impact on just how good the Jets are this year. He has to protect Favre's back and if he can team with Fanaca to give the Jets a solid weakside run game, it will do a lot for the offense. If he is no better than last year, which was just average, it will put more pressure on Favre to do things himself, which will not be good.

I am hoping watching TJ and Leon running to the left behind D'Brick, Fanaca, Mangold and Richardson will remind us of Snell running weakside behind Hill, Rassmusen, Schmitt and Boozer.

I hope he is playing because like DM said, I want to see Brick step up. He was great vs Cleveland and has apparently been ripping it up in camp so I want the good form to translate into the regular season, he is a huge factor in how our season pans out.

Our O-line could be a huge force if Brick develops like I think he will, if he doesn't improve though then Favre and this team are in trouble. What I really want to see is his run blocking improving, we ran to the right on just about every running play with the 1st team and I hope that will change tonight. We need to see what we have running behind Brick, Faneca and Mangold. That's where the money is, the left side, we better start to use it.

Archived